For most of us, the names we used to open our Facebook account five years ago is the same name we are still using today. As we all know, change is the only constant thing in life and the good news is that Facebook has given us the opportunity to change our names from time to time.
As they say, variety is the spice of life, so why don’t you spice up your Facebook life and change your name?
Changing your name on Facebook is a pretty straightforward process. However, there are some restrictions that Facebook has long had in place on what you can actually use as your name; it’s worth having a look at Facebook’s names policy. You are basically required to use “the name you go by in everyday life”, but this provides you a fair amount of flexibility.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Change Your Facebook Name On Facebook
ON FACEBOOK APP
To change your name, do the following:
- Tap on the menu button
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy, proceed to Settings
- Under Account settings, tap on Personal information
- On the next page, tap on Name
- Proceed to enter a new First name, Middle name (optional or according to your choice) and Surname
- Tap on Review Change
- To save what you have just done, input your password and then tap on Save Changes
ON YOUR PC/BROWSER
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings.
- Under General Information, click name.
- Enter your new username by filling in a new First name, Middle name (optional or according to your choice) and Surname
- Tap on Review Change
- You will then be prompted to choose how you will like your name to appear
- You will then be prompted to input your password to Save changes
Remember that Facebook has some terms and conditions attached to changing your name on Facebook. They are stated below:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation
- Characters from multiple languages
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious)
- Words or phrases in place of a name
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind
- The name on your profile should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list.
- Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
- You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
- Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
- Pretending to be anything or anyone isn’t allowed.
You can also spice up your new name by adding a nickname, a birth name, etc. So go ahead, play around with some new spectacular names but remember to align your change to work with the standards of Facebook.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.