In this situation, in order to prevent an unpleasant outcome, one does not require the approval of one’s conscience as to whether the execution of such a duty is right or wrong, but outright obedience.
There are civic duties, responsibilities, or obligations which citizens are obliged, by law to undertake for the state. These duties are performed in exchange for the protection the state provides. Some of these obligations include:
- Paying of taxes
- Obeying the laws of the state
- Participating in the political process
- Protection of public property
- Defense of the state and crime prevention
- Types of Constitution written and unwritten
- Rule of marginal utility
- Benefits and disadvantages of Republican Government
Consequences Of Not Performing Civic Duties
There are disadvantages or better still consequences if citizens don’t perform their constitutional duties and obligations. They include:
- Lack of orderliness in the state.
- Arrest by the government in authority when laws are broken.
- State of anarchy especially when citizens don’t vote for their leaders.
- Lack of development in the state especially when citizens don’t pay taxes.
- State of oppression of the citizens by the government when they don’t speak.
However, do not hesitate to submit them using the comment section if you have any contributions or questions to ask on this subject.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.