Facebook Messenger Notifications Can Be Turned Off | How To Turn Off Facebook Messenger Notifications
Facebook allows you to connect with people you may know, such as family, friends, coworkers, and other acquaintances. And sending and receiving messages on the Facebook messenger app can be a lot of fun.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
But how do you feel when you’re in a formal meeting where everyone is quiet and one of your Facebook friends sends you a message via messenger, which beeps with the standard Facebook messenger alerts sound?
Imagine your boss at the office is giving you instructions or a guide on how to deal with a serious issue, and your phone starts beeping such sounds.
Are you familiar with the sensation? You’re humiliated, and you’re worried that you’ll be mistaken for someone who isn’t serious. However, you do not need to be concerned because I will explain you how to turn off Facebook messenger notifications in this article.
You may mute messenger notifications in this way without having to switch off your phone. It’s a really straightforward procedure
One nice feature is that you can turn off Facebook messenger notifications for the entire general conversation, so you won’t get them for any individual messenger chat or message.
You can also stop or mute messenger notifications for a single chat; for example, you can stop Facebook messenger notifications for a specific conversation (and not all the conversations).
Whatever the case may be, depending on your scenario or circumstances, you can always turn on alerts again after turning them off.
After that, let’s have a look at how to disable messenger notifications for all talks as well as a specific conversation.
For All Conversations, How To Turn Off Facebook Messenger Notifications
To turn off or disable messenger notifications, follow the steps below. It shows you how to turn off notifications for all Facebook Messenger messages;
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app from your phone’s menu.
2. On the messenger page, tap the person icon in the top right corner.
3. Scroll down to “Notifications & Sounds” in the pop-up menu, then tap on it.
4. Select “Notification previews” from the next pop-up menu.
5. Toggle off Facebook Messenger notifications for all talks by tapping on it.
For A Single Conversation, Mute Messenger Notifications
Follow these instructions if you want to turn off notifications for a single conversation:
1. Launch the Facebook Messenger application.
2. Scroll down to the message (chat) you want to disable notifications for.
3. Long-press the discussion, that is, tap and hold the dialogue to see the options that appear.
4. Select “mute notifications” from the pop-up menu.
5. Select the length or time duration for which you want the conversation’s alerts to be muted from the following pop-up options.
6. Click OK to finish, and the Facebook Messenger app notifications will be switched off for the specified time period.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.