Facebook is a social media platform founded in 2004. Since then, the social app became a staple in our digital lives. You can use it for connecting with your loved ones, friends, and you can meet new people from all over the world. But over the past decade, Facebook became more than just a social media app. There’s a section for selling products and offering services. Moreover, the app is free because of the numerous ads and paid promotions by more than 65 million companies that use Facebook.
In 2017, Facebook added a new feature: a job board. You can look for jobs and connect with potential employers. Additionally, you can post your application directly on a business account. You can also access the job search page or groups. But how do you effectively use the new features to find a job? Read more to find out.
Update Your Profile Settings
If you want employers to access your profile and find out more about you, your profile should have essential public information. So, go to the settings part of your profile and explore your options.
- “Public” makes your profile visible to anyone with or without an account on Facebook;
- “Friends” make your profile visible to friends.
- You can also select certain people with “Friends Except,” “Specific Friends,” and “Custom.”
- You can select “Only Me” if your profile is only for you.
Next, think about what an employer may want to know about you. Here are a few examples:
- Full name;
- Past Jobs;
- Friends list;
If you don’t customize your settings, your profile will remain the same as before. However, make sure that your profile doesn’t have content that could discredit you as a candidate, such as explicit photos, vulgar language, or controversial posts.
Remember that, now more than ever, employers appreciate honest and genuine profiles, so don’t exaggerate with cleaning your presentation.
Furthermore, try to work with Facebook. The social platform shows only a limited amount of skills on your resume, so try to mention the essential ones. You can use the project’s tool to highlight your past job experiences, successes, and future goals. Go to the “Work And Education” area, and complete it with your most relevant accomplishments.
For example, if you wish to work for freelance companies, paper writing services, or custom essay agencies, try to show your language certifications and your blog.
Make sure that you create an ideal candidate profile, and you can even use SEO methods for that.
Post About Your Job Hunt
You can use your friends’ list to find work. Make a post letting your followers know that you’re unemployed and looking for a new position. Make sure that you exclude current employers from your sharing list if you’re looking to change your job. You can create a list of friends that work at companies you’re interested in by clicking on “New List” in your “Friends” area. You can title your new list as “Work Colleagues” or “Job Search.”
Here are some details to include in your list:
- A positive tone.
- The exact types of job you want. For example, if you wish to be an editor, one of the essay writers at an online company, or a freelance accountant, specify the title.
- Names of agencies you’re interested in.
- Location and if you have the possibility to commute.
- Main skills and important certification. For example, you can include the languages you know, that your savvy with technology, or that you are very organized.
Figure Out Which Businesses You Want To Apply For
Start exploring Facebook and make a list of all companies that you wish to explore. Try to focus only on your job search and narrow your list down. Figure out if your potential employees are hiring or not.
Also, when you’re looking for a new job, try to conduct an in-depth search of each firm. Here are a couple of questions you should answer when researching:
- Do they offer a good salary?
- Do they treat their employees well?
- Is the schedule flexible?
- Can you have a good work-life balance?
- Can you relate to the ideals of the company?
- Is it a remote work, or you have to commute?
- How many employees do they have?
- What do they specialize in?
- How many branches do they have?
Moreso, you can even check with former co-workers and ask them about their company. This can be useful because then you can have a friend to introduce you to the new workplace and they can teach you tips and tricks.
Lastly, connect on all platforms so that you can be updated on whether the business is employing or not. Use LinkedIn, Google Alerts, and other social media for updates. For example, if you want to apply at a travel agency, personal statement writing service, or online help firm, try registering first as their client. Then you can talk to the employees and see if they’re hiring and if they pay well.
Start To Apply To Jobs
If you go to the “Jobs” area on Facebook, you’ll find job listings. You can filter them by type, industry, location, and skill. Otherwise, as mentioned previously, you can go on a firm’s page and apply it to their “Jobs” section. The mobile app essentially works the same. Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying for a job on Facebook:
- Apply. If you find a position that you might like to submit with the “Apply Now” option. The hyperlink redirects you to a preview of your profile and the public information on it. You can change the info before you submit.
- Write a letter. In case you can’t apply, you can write a letter about your skills set and why you wish to work for the company. The message should be less than 300 words and 1,000 characters. You can attach a document too. For instance, if you apply for a blogging site, a custom papers agency, or an essay help firm, you can send them a link to one of your articles.
- Send. Click on the “Send” button to apply for it officially. If the firm is interested, they’ll contact you through Messenger.
- Like and follow the companies. If you want to keep being updated, you may wish to like and follow the page of the companies that interest you.
Stay Tuned For More Facebook Updates
The feature is still new to the platform. It could use some extra options to make it more user-friendly. Also, Facebook updates the app and job section frequently every year. So, try to get informed about the new app versions and elements.
If you want to use Facebook to find a job, remember to show some public information on your profile. Next, look for companies and posts that are interesting. Apply or write a letter and wait for them to reach you. You can also contact your friends and see if they can help you with your job hunt. Lastly, stay tuned for more Facebook updates in the “Jobs” section.
Alice Jones is a talented writer and freelancer in San Francisco, CA. She specializes in business, freelancing, and blogging. During her free time, she sings and travels the world.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.