Glo, Nigeria’s own telecommunications provider, has recently gone on a freebie spree, providing internet consumers with unbeatable offers. Glo, on the other side, updated her terms and conditions in April 2017 for buyers who wished to keep taking advantage of her amazing offers. Despite this, Glo’s data plan remains the cheapest in the world, beating out major players such as MTN, Etisalat, and Airtel’s “smartphone network.” This article covers the latest Glo data plans for Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry smartphones, as well as account codes and costs.
Glo Data Plan For Android, iOS, Windows
Whatever appealing a network service provider’s offer seems to be, it is made with the aim of growing market profitability. With a revamped data package, Glo was able to gain a substantial amount of customers, only to halve the data volume months later and issue a new provision.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Prior to the new provision taking effect in April 2017, all Glo consumers will get 1.6 GB of data for as low as 500 pesos. A regular 30 MB plan for $50 was the lowest, and an annual 45 GB plan for $18,000 was the most costly. These are still possible if the customer satisfies the following requirement:
- Both new Glo consumers will have access to the previous data amount, now referred to as “double data volume.”
- Customers who upgrade their subscriptions would get twice the data amount.
- Customers who may not upgrade their subscription within three days of the end of their data plan may forfeit the double data amount but will get half the data volume at the same amount.
POINTS TO NOTE
DATA BOOST: If you run out of data before your expiration date or simply want to boost your current data plan, dial *777# and select “Buy Extra Data.” There are two options: 300 MB for ₦200 or 1 GB for ₦1,000. The latter is only available to customers who have a 1 GB plan or higher.
Both 3G and 4G LTE devices are covered by the data plan table above. Customers with 4G LTE phones used to have their own separate data plan bundles, but Glo recently merged the two into one.
GLO Campus Data Booster
The Glo Campus Data Booster is a popular choice among students because it offers great value for money. Customers who use this app get 10 times the worth of their data subscription at NO EXTRA COST while they are on campus.
Non-students will still profit from the offer; all they have to do is be present on campus. Customers can also get additional “on-net” chat time with other Glo users, as well as free data to exchange with their families. The service is available at all campuses around the world, including Customs, Immigration, and Police training institutes.
POINTS TO NOTE – Campus Data Booster
- A standard data plan will not double on campus; instead, a campus data booster plan is required.
- The data on campus cannot be “shared,” but it can be “gifted.”
- There is no way to carry over unused campus data booster to the next subscription.
- The campus booster plan will function normally outside of the Campus booster zone.
What Is the Best Way to Check My Glo Data Balance?
Dial *127*0# or SMS “INFO” to 127 to check your Glo data balance across all devices. You’ll get an alert telling you how much data you have left and when your auto-renewal is due.
Glo 4G LTE
Glo’s latest flagship offering to its customers is 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution). After 3G, it is the world’s most advanced wireless data technology. Users of 4G LTE can download 1 GB of data in minutes and a 3 MB audio file in seconds, thanks to the superfast internet speed.
Follow the steps below to become a user of this cutting-edge technology:
- Purchase a new Glo LTE sim card at any Gloworld location near you. You may even swap the existing Glo sim if you are still a Glo user.
- Purchase a handset with 4G capabilities. The iPhone SE and higher iPhones, BlackBerry DTEK 50, BlackBerry Priv STV100-4, HTC One M9+, Microsoft Lumia 950, Samsung Galaxy S7 (also Duos and Edge), Alcatel One Touch Pop 4 LTE, and other smartphones reportedly support the network.
- SMS 4G to 400 to see if the new gadget supports Glo 4G LTE.
- Be sure that your current location has the LTE coverage.
- Glo 4G LTE is currently available in Lagos, Ogun, Rivers State, Delta, Edo, Eket, Kaduna, Adamawa (ABTI University) and more. Glo is working on making the coverage nationwide.
How To Borrow Data From Glo For Android
Out of data, broke, and desperate to get online? When a customer’s data bundle is depleted, the Glo Borrow Me Data Service allows them to request (borrow) data. On your next recharge, you’ll be charged a 15% transaction fee. If you purchased 500MB of data, for example, you will be charged ₦575 on your next recharge. After you activate the Borrow Me Data service, the deduction is made 3 days/72 hours later. Customers must have been a Glo subscriber for at least 5 months to be eligible to use the service. Customers can use airtime received through the ME2U service to pay for the service.
How To Share Your Glo Data With Friends & Family
Customers may use the Glo Sharing Data program to share a common data plan with relatives and friends.
- First, dial *127*01*[friend’s number]# or SMS “Share [friend’s number]” to 127 to add/register friends to your Share account.
- All with which you share data will receive an SMS notification and will be instantly linked to the internet.
- To delete a number from the share list, dial *127*02*[friend’s number]# or SMS Remove [friend’s number]” to 127.
- Dial *127*02*[friend’s number]# or SMS Remove [friend’s number]” to 127 to remove a number from the sharing list.
How To Gift Data To Friends & Family
The Glo “Gift” program helps you to purchase a data package and offer it to a friend or family member. Customers who do not want their data to be “shared” always use this service.
To contact a mate, dial *127*[USSD Plan Number]*[friend’s number]#. For eg, dial 127*12714*0805XXX#
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.