How to Use Airplane Mode on iPhone and Apple Watch – Airplane Mode is a feature of the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch you can use while on an airplane that turns off the devices’ ability to send and receive wireless data. This is a safety measure since wireless data use has the ability to interfere with the plane’s communications systems.
What Does Airplane Mode Do?
Airplane Mode cuts off your iPhone’s links to all wireless networks, including cellular and Wi-Fi. It also switches off Bluetooth, GPS, and other associated services. That means that applications that use certain features won’t be able to work properly.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Switch on iPhone Airplane Mode Using Control Center
The best way to allow Airplane Mode on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is by using Control Center. You need to be running iOS 7 or higher for this, but almost every iOS system in use has that.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to show Control Center (or, on the iPhone X, swipe down from the top right) (or, on the iPhone X, swipe down from the top right).
- Tap the airplane icon in the top left corner of the Control Center to switch on Airplane Mode (the icon will light up) (the icon will light up).
- To switch Airplane Mode off, open Control Center and tap the airplane icon again.
How to Allow iPhone Airplane Mode Via Settings
While Control Center is the easiest way to access Airplane Mode, it’s not your only option. You can also do it using the iOS Settings app. Here’s how:
- Tap the Settings app to open it.
- The first option beneath your name is Airplane Mode.
- Move the slider to on/green.
- To turn Airplane Mode off using settings, simply move the slider to off/white.
How to Know When Airplane Mode Is Turned On
It’s easy to know whether Airplane Mode is enabled on your iPhone. Just look in the top left corner of the screen (it’s the right corner on the iPhone X). If you see an airplane there and don’t see Wi-Fi or cellular signal strength indicators, Airplane Mode is currently in use.
How to Connect to In-Plane Wi-Fi While on Airplane Mode
Many airlines now offer in-flight Wi-Fi access to let passengers work, send an email, browse the web, or stream entertainment while flying. But if Airplane Mode turns off Wi-Fi, how do iPhone users take advantage of this option? It’s not that difficult, actually. Although Airplane Mode does turn Wi-Fi off by default, it doesn’t preclude you from turning it back on. To use Wi-Fi on a plane:
- Start by placing your computer in Airplane Mode.
- Then, without turning off Airplane Mode, switch on Wi-Fi (either via Control Center or Settings) (either through Control Center or Settings).
- This allows Wi-Fi and Airplane Mode at the same time. Then just connect to the plane’s Wi-Fi network the way you usually would. As long as you don’t switch off Airplane Mode, things will be perfect.
How to Use Airplane Mode on Apple Watch
You can also use Airplane Mode on the Apple Watch. Doing this is easy. Swipe up from the bottom of the Watch screen. Then press the airplane button. You’ll know Airplane Mode is allowed because an orange airplane icon is displayed at the top of your watch screen. You can also set your Apple Watch to automatically go into Airplane Mode when you activate it on your iPhone. To do that:
- On the iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap general.
- Tap Airplane Mode.
- Move the mirror iPhone toggle to on/green.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.