It can be super helpful to record your iPhone screen if you want to save a clip of the game you’re playing, record part of a live Instagram stream, or make a video how-to for your friends. The video clips you capture can be sent to a relative or friend, uploaded to Twitter, or added to your Instagram account. If you have a newer or older iPhone, here are the steps on how to record your screen.
Screen recording is built into iPhones, but you must first check to see if the screen record button is in your Control Center in order to use it. If you are using an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner to open the Control Center, or swipe up if you have an iPhone 8 or earlier. Check if you have the record button on the phone, which looks like a dot with a circle around it. Here’s how you can add it if you don’t:
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
- Open Settings Up
- Tap “The Control Center”
- Tap ‘Personalize Functions’
This is where the items from your Control Center menu are added and removed. Scroll down and click the green button next to “Screen Recording” with a +. This will shift it to the “Include” section at the top from the “More Controls” section at the bottom.
YOUR SCREEN RECORD
Now, you are ready for your screen to be registered. (Just know that there are applications that block the recording of screens.) To start:
- Open the website or app that you want to document,
- Swipe up or down the menu from the top-right corner to bring up the Control Center menu (iPhone 8 or earlier) (iPhone X or later)
- To turn on Do Not Interrupt, press the crescent moon button that will momentarily stop calls and updates. This is useful because you’ll log anything that pops up, even messages, while you record your computer. You can see more options if you press and hold the Do Not Interrupt button, such as shutting the alerts off for only an hour or arranging when you want to pause them.
- Tap the screen record button to start recording, while you’re still in the Control Center. A timer will start once you press the screen record button, which gives you three seconds before it starts recording.
- To cover the Control Center menu, tap on the phone.
You are now set to record whatever you watch or listen to on your computer, both video, and audio, but you will not record any audio that is not created from your phone. In addition to capturing the audio, you’re playing on your computer, if you want to record yourself talking (or any other external sounds), you will have to turn your microphone on:
- Click and hold the screen record button until you begin recording.
- To turn the microphone on, press the microphone button on the pop-up pad.
- Then tap “Start Recording.” This window will begin the countdown.
- To exit the computer, tap anywhere on the screen, and then to close the Control Center, tap the next screen. Bear in mind that the next time you record your screen, it will remain on until you turn the microphone on unless you go back in and turn it off.
Swipe up (or down) to reach the Control Center again to interrupt the recording, and press the record button again. You can see a red bar at the top of your screen (or top left if you have a newer iPhone) indicating you are recording unless you have media open (you’re watching a YouTube video or Instagram post, for instance). You will get a pop-up window asking you whether you want to stop recording if you tap on that bar. Tap “Stop.”
The video will be saved in your Images app with the rest of your photos and videos.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.