With your mates, you can play games on Snapchat using a function called Snappables. Snappable games are built right into the app, like the Lenses feature, and are incredibly easy (and, dare we say, addictive) to start playing.
How Do They Work and What Are Snappables?
Snappables are video games with AR (Augmented Reality). You play them as if you were going to take a selfie with your front-facing camera by holding your device out in front of you. Snapchat will identify the features on your face to enhance and animate parts of it for the game using face detection technology. Parts of your face and other parts of the screen will also have game elements added.
Why Snappables vary from lenses
Snappables are very similar to lenses, which also apply AR filters to your face using face detection technology to allow you to snap them into a photo or video. The difference between Snappables and lenses is that, whereas lenses are not, Snappables are interactive.
To win points or try to perform to the best of your abilities, Snappables require you to take some sort of action using touch, gesture, or facial expression. They also allow you to continue to play by sending your friends back and forth with Snappables before someone wins the game.
On the other hand, lenses do not have any point structures or competitive elements to them. Without being prompted to send a lot back and forth to a mate, you can send one only once.
Where to Find Snappables
It is pretty quick to find Snappables and can be found conveniently in the Snapchat app.
Where To Find Snappables
- Open Snapchat, which should carry you to the Camera tab automatically.
- Swipe left or right between tabs if you’re still on Snapchat before you get to the Camera tab.
- To make sure you’re using your front-facing camera, tap the camera switch icon in the top right corner if necessary.
- Hold the device in front of you steadily, so you can see yourself on the screen.
- To trigger the app’s face recognition, tap and keep your finger down on your face.
- To browse through and activate the Snappables, on the left side of the big white circular button, swipe right.
- Choose the Snappable button, then press the blue Start button over the Snappable button.
How to start playing with your friends with Snappables
The purpose of Snappables is to encourage your friends to join in the fun. Here is also how to get them to play.
- To select Snappable and start the game, follow the steps above.
- To play the game, follow the instructions which appear on the screen.
- The Snappable can tell you when to take a picture by pressing the main snap button or by taping and keeping it down to record a short video.
- To send the Snappable to mates, tap the blue arrow button in the lower right corner or tap the white square with a plus sign icon in the lower-left corner to post it as a story.
It will ask everyone who views your Snappable if they want to play along. Similarly, if you view Snappable from a pal, you can tap Play or Skip on the screen that appears when Snappable is done.
It is possible to set up some Snappables as challenges, especially those that depend on earning points. By trying to beat your point score, friends can accept your challenge, then respond or add it as a story.
How often are new snapshots released?
Every week, new Snappables are released, while favorite ones will remain available for long. By searching for the blue dot that appears at the top of the Snappable button, you’ll be able to tell a Snappable is new.
If you’re interested in trying out a few nice ones, look for those fun Snappables:
Cucumber Biting Snappable: Bite as many cucumbers as possible by using your mouth and challenge your friends to beat your score.
Truth or Dare Snappable: Choose a question of truth or dare and share your responses through video snap.
Our Baby Snappable: Take a selfie and ask a friend for a selfie to see what it would be like for your child if you had one together.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.