Google | What you think Google knows about you and What you do: In many forms, Google tracks you on and off the web, which is no surprise. But some amount of power will wrestle you back. Would you like to keep Google from learning something about you? That’s almost impossible: every time you search the internet, every time you visit a website, every time you use your Android phone, the advertising giant collects data-you name it, Google uses it to collect data about you. It’s the price of having so many services without investing any cash, but there are ways to restrict what you get from Google.
What you thinks Google knows about you
Google uses the data it collects to create an advertising profile, making its money through the advertisements-last quarter, Google’s parent company Alphabet posted ad revenue of $32.6 billion-not by selling your data directly, but by allowing businesses to personalize their advertisements; that’s why the pair of trainers you’ve been coveting keep following you around the web. Such behavioral marketing can be more advanced than that. Google notes that if you search for “football fields near me” on maps or watch YouTube match highlights, you can put two and two together to be a football fan.
By heading to Ad Settings, you can handily see who Google thinks you are. Google paints a picture of who you think you are: your age and gender, what subjects you’re interested in, from air travel to world news, and What Google the businesses you’ve visited online.
- Glo Bumpa | How to Migrate to Glo Bumpa Tariff Plan
- How To Transfer Glo Data | Glo Mobile Network NG
- Glo Bonus Code | Code for Glo Bonus
- How to transfer Data | MTN | Airtel | Glo | 9Mobile
What Google Knows about what you do
There are two ways to get a copy of all the information gathered by Google about you:
- Takeout was built to allow users to grab their Google data and move it to another service, starting with images and contacts, but after expanding to Android device settings, Chrome bookmarks, activity data from Google Fit, and even your Cloud history Print. It can take a couple of days to develop the Takeout folder, with Google sending you a connection to download when it is available.
- The dashboard was developed to provide a snapshot of the data Google gathers about you when you use its services. This includes;
- The number of email exchanges you’ve had in Gmail
- The number of files in Drive, and the number of images Google stores for you, but what Google calls “activity data” is the primary information, such as your location or browsing history.
- Display them their position timeline, where Google Maps keeps track of everywhere you go and where, along with the images taken that day and travel times down to the minute, if you want to freak anyone out.
- Your profile, kept in your Google Account, is another source of Google data.
- Go to “Personal Info” under the menu: on this tab, you can see what information.
- Google discloses about you and updates information such as your picture and birthdate.
- You cannot erase this information, but you can, of course, enter false information if you want to note obfuscate-just that you did so in case you need that information for password resets.
You’ll get a good sense of the epic mountain of data Google accumulates about who you are, where you go, and what interests you by looking at Takeout, Dashboard, and your personal and advertising profile. If you think Google is leaving something out or not willingly revealing more information about you, you can also file a request for subject-access, which is a right enshrined in EU law to find out what any organization holds data.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.