Every Facebook account is created either by using an existing email or phone number. So, if you let Facebook know the email account ID, then Facebook can help you to reset the password. Simply follow these steps, and you should be able to reset your Facebook password easily.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Method #1: Reset Facebook Password by Using Default Email
In the first part, we will show you how to reset Gmail password by using your Recovery email. It will only work if you have set up a recovery email before locking out. If you have set up a recovery email then simply use these steps to reset your Gmail Password.
- Step 1. Open facebook.com from your computer or laptop using your default internet browser.
- Step 2. Click on “Forgot Password” located under the login field.
- Step 3. If you have failed to login multiple times, then you should see the following screen, and from there you can click on “Forgot Password” as well.
- Step 4. On the following page, you should be able to see your password retrieval options. Choose the first option to use the default password that you are using for your current email ID.
For example: If you have used Yahoo Mail to register your Facebook account then you can enter that email ID and choose the same password as your Yahoo account.
- Step 5. A pop message will appear that will ask you to continue and will ask permission to access your Yahoo Mail account. Simply continue with the process and finish the procedure.
Please note: You must be logged in with your current Yahoo account to finish this step. Now, you can use the same password as your Yahoo account to login to the Facebook account.
Method #2: Change Facebook Password Using Recovery Email
If you want to reset and set up a new password for your Facebook account, then you must apply the following steps, and you should be able to set a new password for your account. The procedure is same as above but with just a few different tweaks.
- Step 1. Follow step 1-3 from the above method and on the password retrieval options choose “Email me a link to reset my password” and click on continue.
- Step 2. Facebook will email you a unique 6 digit code in your Recovery that you will be asked to enter on the following page.
- Step 3. Enter the code and click on “Change Password.“
- Step 4. Now enter a new password and confirm the changes.
That’s all. You may now log in to you Facebook using the new password. This method is highly recommended if your Facebook account is hacked so that you can have a new password for your Facebook account.
Method #3: Reset Facebook Account Password Using Phone Number
If you have linked a phone number with your Facebook account, then choose the third option from the “forgot password” page where it says “Get a code from my smartphone” and continue with the process.
In this case, you will receive a security code on your phone number instead of your email. After that, repeat the same steps as the method mentioned above, and you will receive a new password for your Facebook account.
I hope this guide was helpful?
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.