When it comes to quitting or leaving Facebook, there are usually two choices you need to choose from: Either choose to delete your Facebook account permanently or deactivate your FB profile temporarily. Each of the above choices depends on your reason for wanting to leave Facebook. It’s recommended that you Deactivate Facebook account if you have the intention of continuing Facebook later in life.
You should Delete Facebook account if you are truly certain that you won’t be needing your Facebook account in the future.
Below are the quick differences that exist between Facebook deactivation and deletion for you to check out.
Difference between Deleting a Facebook account and Deactivating a Facebook Account?
- You can reactivate whenever you want.
- People can’t see your Timeline or search for you.
- Some info may remain visible (for example messages you sent).
- You can’t regain access once it’s deleted.
- We delay deletion a few days after it’s requested. A deletion request is canceled if you log back into your Facebook account during this time.
- It may take up to 90 days to delete data stored in backup systems. Your info isn’t accessible on Facebook during this time.
- Some things aren’t stored in your account. For example, a friend may have messages from you after deletion.
- Copies of some material (for example log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
Typically, if you intend to deactivate your account on Facebook, you are advised to login to your Facebook account on a web browser and visit this web address: www.facebook.com/deactivate.php
The same is applicable to deleting your Facebook account but in this case, you are advised to visit m.facebook.com/account/delete on your web browser.
Please share this article and don’t be a shellfish – sharing is caring!😂
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.