How to Completely Delete Facebook Account Permanently | Delete My Facebook Account Now: Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms on the web.
We accept sponsored posts that are honest and related to the topics we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com]
Still, sometimes users of Facebook may need to delete their account for some valuable reasons; still, they can’t do that because there is no direct option for deleting account, hence, in this post, we at BuzzFeedNg will teach/show you how to delete the FB account permanently, which is much different from merely deactivating the account.
Not everyone using this social network knows how simple it is to delete, but the truth remains that it’s quite simple, so follow our guide!
What’s the difference between deleting or deactivating an account on Facebook?
There are mainly 2 different ways to get your Facebook account offline/invisible to the public domain. The first one is account deactivation, which implies the following:
- You can re-activate your account whenever it’s okay with you.
- People cannot see or view your Facebook Timeline, nor search for you via the find friends or through the search bar.
- Some shared information may still remain visible (info like messages you’ve sent to other users)
- Facebook always keeps your account information (e.g., friends and interests) just in case you choose to reactivate it again.
See also: Delete Facebook Page Permanently
But deleting an account is a more serious matter. If you delete your Facebook account, the following happens:
- You cannot regain access to your FB account once it’s deleted. It’s permanent!
- Facebook often delays the deletion of accounts for days or months (about 14 to 90 days after the deletion request is made). If you log in or access linked account during the grace period, the deletion is automatically canceled
- It does take up to 90-days for your information that’s stored in FB backup systems to be deleted entirely. However, your data isn’t accessible on Facebook during this period.
- Some things won’t be stored in your account, like the messages that you’ve sent to friends – these will remain active.
- Copies of some material (e.g., log records) may remain on Facebook’s database but are completely “disassociated from personal identifiers,” according to the company (Facebook)
In order to deactivate your account on Facebook, follow these given steps:
- 1. Click on the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- 2. Select ‘Settings.’
- 3. Choose ‘General’ in the left column.
- 4. Click on ‘Manage Account’ at the bottom.
- 5. Click on ‘Deactivate’ and then follow the next step to confirm your deactivation decision.
- Or if you cannot find the option there, then click on the following link (direct link for deactivating your Facebook account) and follow the steps.
Deleting your account on Facebook is a serious decision, so ensure that it’s definitely the right decision for you and that you won’t be needing that account ever again.
When you delete your Facebook account, people won’t be able to see it on FB. It may take up to 90-days from the starting of the deletion process to delete all of the things you’ve posted on Facebook, like your status updates, photos, or other information stored in backup systems.
Before deleting your account, it may be the ‘best idea’ downloading your information from FB. To do this, follow these steps:
2. Click on ‘Download a copy of your FB data’ at the bottom of your General Account Settings
3. Choose ‘Start My Archive’
This file will contain your FB profile information, so be careful about where you keep it—let us know what you think in the comment box below and also see: How to Delete My Account Permanently Right Now On Facebook
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.