Facebook news feed is a special tool in connecting people to the stories that matter most to them.
The goal with News Feed is to show users the stories that matter most to you, every time you visit Facebook homepage. Your News Feed is a personalized, ever-changing collection of photos, videos, links, and updates from the friends, businesses, family and news sources you’ve connected to on Facebook.
Facebook News Feed showing stories that are meaningful and informative
People use Facebook News Feed everyday to keep in touch with friends and family and to stay informed about the world around them.
How Facebook News Feed Works
How Facebook evaluate the stories that are most relevant to you;
Facebook takes into consideration three main signals to estimate how relevant they think a post will be to you:
- Who posted it: The friends, news sources, family, businesses and public figures you interact with most are prioritized in your News Feed
- Type of content: Facebook prioritize the type of content you interact with most frequently, whether it’s photos, videos, or links you favor.
- Interactions with the post: Posts that have a lot of likes, reactions, comments, and shares (especially from people you interact with most)
Posts are ordered to show you top stories first.
- Based on these three signals, each post is assigned a ranking to determine where it appears in your Facebook News Feed and which stories appear first.
People can shape their News Feed
Facebook doesn’t always get it right all the time and ultimately you are the only one who knows what’s most meaningful to you, so Facebook gives you specific controls to customize your experience.
- News Feed Preferences: tap any of the News Feed Preferences to see how they work.
- Customize right from your News Feed: Additionally, with a single tap, you can improve your News Feed directly from any post. The drop-down menu gives you customization options such as Hide or Unfollow
How we evaluate how we’re doing
Through Facebook Feed quality program, they make it a priority to reach out to people like you to learn and incorporate feedback so they can continue to improve your Facebook News Feed experience. Three examples of ways they are talking to people on an ongoing basis:
- One on one interviews with a wide set of people across the globe
- Feed quality panel is a diverse group of people who continually review and provide feedback on their FB News Feeds.
- Global surveys of 10s of thousands of people everyday.
How can I view and adjust my News Feed preferences?
Your News Feed preferences help you control what you see on your News Feed.
To view your News Feed preferences:
- Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page (example: your home page).
- Select News Feed Preferences.
To adjust your News Feed preferences:
- Click Prioritize who to see first to make posts from people or Pages appear at the top of your News Feed.
- Click Unfollow people to hide their posts to unfollow a person, Page or group.
- Click Reconnect with people you unfollowed to follow a person, Page or group that you unfollowed in the past.
- Click See more options to see which apps you’ve hidden from News Feed.
Facebook Comments Box
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.