Ways to be more cultured in the modern world – So why not start right now and add a little culture to your life? In this age of social media, there are 12 simple things you can take to become a little more culturally conscious.
1. Have a good understanding of music. Maybe it’s time to crank up the music that doesn’t feature booty, champagne, Grillz, or fast automobiles. Although I must acknowledge that modern music, particularly rap, maybe poetic, hard-hitting, and really intelligent at times, there are many more genres worth listening to. Jazz, bossa nova, classical music, and even music from the golden era are excellent for unwinding.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
If you’re unsure where to begin, try an app like 8tracks or Spotify to search for the genre you wish to explore. You’ll be surrounded by a plethora of options, and you’ll have no reason not to try something new.#8 Travel widely. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page,” remarked Saint Augustine of Hippo. I could copy-paste thousands of inspirational travel quotations here, but you get the picture.
Traveling and meeting new people is an excellent way to learn about different cultures. It’s not the same as being there in person to see the world through a television or computer screen. Sure, being an armchair traveler will teach you a lot, but nothing beats being there in person and being able to see, hear, smell, taste, and touch everything that comes your way.
You don’t have enough money to travel far and wide? It’s no problem. I’m sure there are plenty of budget-friendly places to visit in your country, if not your state.
2. Indulge in some delicious food and wine. Another technique to become more culturally conscious is to eat and drink well whenever possible. Instead of going to your favorite spot this weekend, why not make reservations at that new unusual restaurant in town? Foodies are possibly the most culturally aware people out there since they are open to exploring things that many others avoid. You should also think about enrolling in a wine school to learn more about the nectar of the gods.
Are you a wine snob? It’s no problem. Beer and spirits are revered by almost every civilization on the planet. So, whether you’re sampling 12-year-old single malt whiskey from Japan or oak-aged lager from London, savor the opportunity to sample another culture’s cuisine. Literally.
3. Study a foreign language. Learning a new language is another approach to broaden your cultural awareness. Have you ever wished to study French? Just go for it. Are you fascinated by Japanese characters and kanji? Why don’t you learn it? Make no more excuses for yourself.
If you don’t have time to devote a couple of hours a week to attend a formal program, you can learn at home. For people who wish to pick up a language and learn it at their own pace, programs like Rosetta Stone and Duolingo are ideal.
4. Maintain a refined and thoughtful demeanor. Your behavior is a direct reflection of your cultural level. Respecting and accepting others, regardless of their beliefs, is a vital attribute. Another characteristic to have is the ability to behave nicely and remember your manners.
Stop talking and cussing, or at the very least, tone it down, and strive to be more careful and aware in your daily activities. Make an attempt to look nice and professional, and remember to be courteous and empathetic to others.
5. Indulge your curiosity about hipster culture. No, when I say you should learn more about hipster culture, I’m not joking. I’m not asking you to dress up in thin jeans, suspenders, and a polka-dot bow tie while sipping an exorbitant cup of coffee.
All I’m saying is that you should take an interest in some of the things that this subculture appreciates. Attending art fairs, listening to indie music, and being interested in literature and the arts are all fantastic traits to have. Not only that, but hipsters are hilarious and a lot of fun to be around, especially when they aren’t condemning you for wearing mainstream brands and loving Coldplay.
It’s important to remember that living a culture-rich existence in an age preoccupied with social media is a lifestyle choice. Being cultured, like quitting smoking or giving up gambling, is a decision you must make for yourself. No one will be able to force it down your throat.
Consider being cultured as a revolutionary way of life in today’s globe. Only you have the power to transform your black-and-white reality into something vibrant and alive. The rest will come naturally once you’ve taken the first step. There you go about “Ways to be more cultured in the modern world”
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.