This article explains how to access and use the Snap Map in Snapchat 9.35.5 and later.
What Is Snapchat’s Snap Map?
You can share your location with your friends on Snapchat by applying location filters to your snaps, but that’s not all you can do. Snapchat Snap Map offers a whole new way to share your location.
Snapchat Snap Map is an interactive map you can use to share your location with friends. You can also see friends when they share their location with you. If your friends have integrated their Bitmoji account with Snapchat, their Bitmoji characters appear on the map at their location.
The Snap Map also has a community-based Our Story feature, which allows you to add your snaps from a location to a story collection for that specific location. So when anyone views that story collection from the Snap Map, they see snaps from users who contributed to Our Story for that location.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Access Snap Map on the Snapchat App
To get the Snap Map on the Snapchat app for iOS and Android, tap the Snap Map button on the action bar. Your location will appear, but you can also tap Friends to see locations your friends have shared. Tap the Settings button (gear icon) to manage your Snap Map settings.
You can also tap a friend’s picture on the Friends tab. If they shared their location, a preview image appears below their name on their profile. Tap it to open the Snap Map.
You can also access Snap Map in a web browser by going to map.snapchat.com. This is a public version with no login or user names.
If this is your first time opening the Snap Map, you may be asked to configure your Snap Map settings. You can choose whether you want only you, your friends, or specific friends to see your location.
How to Use Snap Map on the Snapchat App
Now that you know how to access the Snap Map, you can start using it. Here are the different ways you can take advantage of it:
- See your friends’ locations: Friends who’ve chosen to share their location with you appear on the Snap Map. Tap a friend to start a chat with them, or tap and hold to go to their profile.
- Search for a friend’s location: Wondering where in the world a friend might be? Tap Search at the top of the screen to look for a specific friend on the map.
- Use the heat map to see snaps other people have shared: Use your finger to drag the map around and look for the splashes of color on the map, which shows where people are snapping. Blue means there are a few snaps, while red means a lot of activity is happening there. Tap a colored area to view the snaps shared from there.
- View Stories for hot spots: Scouting out the colored portions of the map reveals story collections for popular locations and events. Tap a popular part of the map to reveal the circular story collection, then tap the story collection to view the stories added to it.
- Add your snaps to Our Story: If you’re snapping from a location with its own story collection, select Our Story from the Send To tab after taking a snap. Or, tap +Custom at the top of the Send To tab to create your own Geo Story, which you can share with people nearby.
How to Use the Snap Map from the Web
You can access the Snap Map from the Snapchat website. Similar to how you use a finger to drag the map around on the mobile app, you can use the cursor to select and drag the map around to other locations. You can also use a mouse or trackpad to zoom in and out.
Select a colored portion or any circular story collection that appears to view snaps. A window pops up over the map and automatically plays the snaps shared by people in that location.
How to Change Your Location Settings in Snapchat
If you want to change your location settings at a later time:
- Tap your profile icon in the upper-left corner, then tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access your settings. Scroll down to the Who Can section and tap See My Location.
- On the Settings tab, customize the settings.
- My Friends lets anyone you’re friends with on Snapchat see you on the map.
- My Friends, Except lets you exclude anyone from your list of Snapchat contacts.
- Only These Friends is where you choose who from your connections can see you on the map.
- Tap the Ghost Mode toggle switch to turn on the feature. When Ghost Mode is enabled, nobody can see your location—not even your friends. In the menu that appears, set a time limit of three or 24 hours for Ghost Mode or keep it on indefinitely. Snapchat saves your changes automatically.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.