How to Use Facebook’s Restricted List
This article will show you how to use The Restricted list on Facebook is a feature that allows users to hide posts from specific Facebook friends by adding them to the list. Any Facebook friend can be added or deleted from this list at any time, and the number of people who can be on it is unlimited.
- Blocked Me On Facebook | Find Out Who Blocked Me On Facebook
- Facebook Dating | How it works, Key Features, and Availability
How Do I Add Friends to a Facebook Restricted List?
- Open the official Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android tablet. If you want to use a tablet, go to the official Facebook website using your preferred web browser. If you haven’t already done so, please log in.
- To add a friend to your Restricted list, go to their Facebook profile. If you’re having trouble locating them, use the search bar at the top of the Facebook website or app to look for them.
- If you’ve arrived at your friend’s profile page, search for the Friends button. It should be tapped.
There should be a small menu appear. Select Edit Friend Lists or Add to Another List from the drop-down menu. The menu text varies depending on which app you’re using or whether you’re on the Facebook website, but the feature remains the same.
You’ll be presented with a list of various Facebook lists that categorize the people with whom you connect on the social network. Scroll to the bottom of the list to the Restricted choice. To add a friend to the Restricted list, tap on it.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Restricted Facebook users have access to those Facebook posts.
All of your posts published with the Public privacy setting, as well as any posts published with the Friends privacy setting in which they are individually marked or mentioned, will be visible to Facebook friends on your Restricted list.
The globe icon distinguishes public posts from Friends posts, which have the icon of two individuals. Any post’s privacy settings can be modified by modifying it using the ellipsis menu in the top-right corner.
How to Use a Restricted List to Post on Facebook
- Create a new Facebook post as usual after adding at least one friend to your Restricted list.
- Make sure the Friends (people) icon is visible before publishing your message. If the Public (globe) icon appears instead, pick Friends from the drop-down menu.
- Publish your post. Except for those you’ve added to the Restricted list, it will now be visible to all of your Facebook contacts. From this point forward, everyone on your Restricted list will be unable to see any posts you make for Friends.
Is it possible for friends to find out if they’re on a Facebook Restricted List?
Since Facebook users are not informed when they are added to or removed from lists, there is no way for your friends to know they’ve been added to your Restricted list.
What is the procedure for excluding friends from a Facebook Restricted List?
- Open their profile page in a web browser or inside an official Facebook app to delete a Facebook friend from your Restricted list.
- On their profile, click the Friends button.
- Click Edit Friend Lists or Add to another list from the new menu that appears. Depending on how you navigate Facebook, the exact text will differ.
Restricted can be found by scrolling down the list of Facebook lists. The list name should have a checkmark next to it. Delete the checkmark by tapping on it. They should be taken off the list now.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Restricted List?
When you want to write posts or share a connection about something without having to read negative or controversial comments from close friends or family members, restricted lists may be helpful. The Restricted list can also be a useful way to keep in touch with coworkers on Facebook while preventing them from seeing more personal posts about your home or love life.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.