How to Update Your Slack Status
Let your coworkers know if you’re available and what you’re doing when you use Slack for your squad. Changing your Slack status icons is an easy way to do this. You can also customize your status to provide more updates to teammates and set a time limit for it.
Status Icons in Slack
Your status appears next to your name at the top of the left sidebar, in the portion of the Direct message of the left sidebar, and next to your name in a message when you sign in to Slack. A green dot appears next to your name when you are involved and open. To signify that you’re gone, your status icon switches to a hollow circle when you sign off.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Depending on whether you’re using the Slack app or not, these icons can change automatically:
- When you are actively using your phone, your status icon on the desktop version of Slack shows as active. When your machine has been offline for 30 minutes, your status icon changes to away.
- In a web browser, you can use Slack: As long as you use Slack, your status icon will be working. Your status icon disappears after 30 minutes of inactivity in your browser.
- Getting the most out of the Slack apps: When the Slack app is open, your status icon is active. Your status changes to away when you turn to another app, close the Slack app, or lock the computer screen.
- When you want to use your status icon to give your teammates more detail, create a custom status. You can select an emoji and a status summary for a custom status.
How to Quickly Change Your Status
Adjust your status from active to away if you only have a few seconds to inform coworkers that you are unavailable. You can update your status without having to sign out of your Slack account this way.
- Pick your name from the left sidebar.
- Select Change from the fly-out menu to change your status from active to away.
- Your status in the Direct Messages section changes to away, and your status icon changes to an empty circle.
- When you’re ready to let your teammates know you’re back, go to the left sidebar, pick your name, and then Change to change your status from away to active.
- With Slack Status Icons, you can provide more status information.
- Build a custom status when you want to give your team more details about your current status. You can customize five status updates in Slack to suit your situation.
- Pick your name from the left sidebar. To access the right sidebar on iOS, swipe from right to left. Click the Overflow menu on Android (the three stacked dots).
- Choose You should update your status. Set status on iOS and Android.
- Select one of the suggested statuses.
- Edit the text in the text box to modify the status description. This definition has a maximum length of 100 characters. When you’re done, click Save.
Hover over your name in the Direct messages section of the left sidebar to see your status. When you are no longer at the selected status, click the Clear after drop-down arrow. Choose Today, for example, to set the status for the current day. Depending on whether you are signed in or not, your status changes to active or away at the end of the day.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.