How to Turn on YouTube’s Dark Theme – The Dark Theme option, also known as “dark mode,” is a setting available to all YouTube users who want to change the app’s default white background to a dark background. To fit the latest style look, some text colors change as well. We’ll go over why it’s so famous and how you can get started.
What Are YouTube’s Dark Theme’s Advantages?
The dark theme on YouTube is purely aesthetic and has no bearing on how the site works. Users tend to activate it for a variety of reasons:
- In low-light conditions, the color environment decreases eye pressure.
- On devices with an OLED screen, such as Apple’s iPhone X smartphone, the dark mode will help save battery life.
- Some people believe the darker color scheme is more appealing than the regular one.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
On iOS, How to Enable YouTube’s Dark Theme
On the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, users can activate and disable dark mode using the official YouTube app. To enable the YouTube Dark Theme, follow these steps:
- On your iOS smartphone, open the YouTube app and tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- The second step, Make a selection of options.
- To trigger the feature, select Dark theme.
The YouTube Dark Theme settings are device-specific; activating it on one device won’t turn it on for all of your other devices. You must allow YouTube’s dark mode on each device if you want it on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
How to Enable YouTube’s Dark Theme on Android
The YouTube Dark Theme is available on the official YouTube app for Android smartphones and tablets. Here’s how to activate and deactivate it.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android device, and tap your account profile icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Your YouTube account icon can be obscured if you’re watching a video or conducting a search inside the Android YouTube app. To make it appear, move the video you’re watching to the bottom of the screen to reduce it, then tap Home from the menu.
- Select Settings > General > Appearance.
- Here, Pick a Dark theme.
How to Allow YouTube’s Dark Theme on Desktop
YouTube’s Dark Theme can be installed on a PC or Mac device using any internet browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or Microsoft Edge. Regardless of the device and browser combination, the instructions for turning on dark mode are the same.
- The first step, in your web browser, goes to YouTube.com.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, pick your profile image.
- In the drop-down menu, choose Appearance: Device theme.
- Pick a dark theme.
- The computer turns to a dark theme right away.
Each browser you use on your computer retains its own collection of YouTube Dark Theme preferences. If you allow the dark mode in Firefox, for example, it will remain disabled in Chrome until you enable it in that browser as well.
I believe this was helpful? Thank you for reading through and do have a blessed day.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.