This article explains how to disable Google Photos link sharing on Android so that only individual users, not just everyone with the link, can access an album. We’ll also look at making connection sharing possible.
How to Prevent Google Photos From Being Shared
The easiest way to limit who can see a shared album or individual photo is to disable link sharing. Only those you’ve invited directly will have access (and we’ll look into removing their access as well).
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
ALBUM SHARING IS OFFICIALLY
First, if it’s an album, here’s how to disable photo sharing. If you’ve built a sharing connection from an album and want to prevent people from accessing it, do this.
- From the bottom of Google Photos, open Library.
- Delete the connection from the shared album you want to remove.
- Choose Options from the three-dot menu at the top right.
- After that, select Link sharing and then Delete link. The button is called Make private if no one else has been granted access to it.
A single user may also be removed from a Google Photos album. Repeat the first three steps above and then follow these steps to see who still has access despite link sharing being disabled:
- Scroll down to the Members section on the Options tab. It shows all of the people with whom you’ve posted the album directly, indicating that they can access it and potentially contribute to it.
- Click the three-dot menu next to an individual’s name to find the Remove person option to edit this list and avoid sharing with specific users.
- To confirm, select Remove person, then Remove person again.
The person’s images and comments, as well as their access, will be deleted as of a result of this action. When you delete the last person, the button will say Make private; when you delete the last person, all comments, including yours, are deleted.
Is it just one picture that you’ve posted? Then it’s not in the Library section of the app, but rather in the Sharing section. To remove a specific image’s share relation, follow these steps:
- At the top left of Google Images, click the message button.
- Select the picture you’ve previously posted.
- Choose Options from the menu button in the top right corner.
- After that, tap Link sharing, then Delete link.
The approaches we just went over aren’t the only ones you can use to share photos on Google Photos. Another choice is to share any or all of your photos and videos with a partner automatically. Check out Google’s clarification for how to disable partner sharing.
How to Share Without a Connection from Google Photos
You can still share photos and videos through direct sharing even if link-sharing is disabled. This is more akin to Google Photos’ built-in instant messaging.
- Tap the sharing button after selecting one or more things to share.
- To send it to, choose someone from your contact list.
- Include some text to provide context if desired. Otherwise, press the Send button.
- Open the chat, pick the person’s name at the top, and then tap Leave next to your name to undo direct sharing. All images and remarks you’ve submitted to the discussion will be removed immediately.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.