In this article, you’ll learn how to tag other Instagram users in your photo and video posts, Instagram videos, and comments. Only the mobile app allows you to tag individuals.
People can only be tagged using the Instagram iOS or Android app, not the Instagram.com website.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Add a Tag to an Instagram Post
- You can tag anyone in a picture or video before publishing it, or you can edit an already-published article to add tags. Only people can be tagged in your entries.
- Only screenshots of the iOS app are included in the following instructions. The Instagram Android app, on the other hand, follows the same procedure.
- Go to the New Post/Share tab’s caption field and tap Tag People before adding a new Instagram post to your profile.
- To set the tag on a picture, tap anywhere on it (such as someone’s face).
- Tap the plus sign (+) button under the video post preview if you’re publishing a video.
- There will be a list of suggested users appear. Tap the user you want to tag from the list or use the search field to find a particular user. If you want to add more tagged users, repeat steps 2 and 3 to add them over your picture post preview or underneath your video post preview.
- To remove a tag from a picture post preview, tap the tagged username and then the X to the right of it. Tap the X beside the tagged user on a video post preview to undo a tag.
- In the top right corner, tap Done.
After you’ve posted your picture or video, users you’ve tagged will receive a notice that they’ve been tagged. Complete your picture or video sharing. In the bottom left corner of your published article, you’ll see a tag icon that you and others can press to see the tags.
Even after you’ve posted it, you can add, edit, or delete tagged users. Then, in the top right corner of the post, press the three horizontal dots, then Edit > Tag People. After completing steps 2 and 3 above, tap Done.
What Is the Best Way to Tag Someone in an Instagram Story?
You can easily tag anyone in your stories in two ways.
- Tap the sticker icon in the top right corner when creating a story.
- The @Mention sticker should be tapped.
- Start typing in the user you want to tag by tapping the @Mention sticker on your story. At the bottom of the page, a horizontal list of suggestions will appear.
- Select the user you’d like to tag.
- Toggle the blue button on or off to enable or disallow the listed users to build or share this story.
- The tagged consumer will now be included in your story. You can adjust the style it by tapping it.
- When you post the story, tagged users will receive a notice that they’ve been tagged. You’ll even send them a personal message with a sneak peek at the plot.
- The second method is to press the text icon in the top right corner and then type @, followed by a username. If you want to type a message that includes a tagged person, this tagging method comes in handy.
What Is the Best Way to Tag Someone in an Instagram Comment?
- In the comment sections of your own and other people’s entries, you can tag people.
- Type @ followed by the username of the person you want to tag in your comment.
- There will be a list of suggested users appear. Tap the user you want to tag to automatically insert their tagged username into your comment.
Remember that you can place a tag before, in the middle of, or after any text, you type in your comment. When you tap Post to publish your comment, the tag will be highlighted in blue, and everyone can tap it to go to the profile of the tagged person.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.