Recording gameplay used to be a difficult task best left to the pros, but the PlayStation 4 comes equipped with everything you need to record, edit, and share your best moments right out of the box. This functionality is available without a PS Plus subscription, so you don’t need one to use it. Your PS4 also records short clips when you’re playing, so you’re safe if you forget to press record.
How Does PS4 Gameplay Recording Work?
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Traditionally, capturing gaming has necessitated the use of either a computer’s capture card or a separate video capture hardware unit. It was a costly and difficult proposition, but if you buy a PS4, you won’t have to think about it.
Your PS4 comes equipped with everything you need to record, edit, and share gameplay, including a variety of recording options. If you want to record your PlayStation 4 gameplay, you have two simple options:
Regular recording: You start the recording and let it run for a specified period of time until stopping it. At any time, you can opt to stop recording. This is helpful if you’re trying to remember anything important.
Retroactive logging: When you’re in-game, your PS4 is continuously recording your gameplay. You can opt to save the last 15 minutes of gameplay at any time. This is helpful if you weren’t already capturing something cool or strange that happened.
How to Record a PS4 Gameplay Clip
You can start a recording at any time if you’re about to try something new or if you want to demonstrate something specific. To get started, simply open the PS4 game of your choice and double-tap the Share button. You can then leave the machine to record for the default period of time or stop it when you’re finished to save hard drive space.
The exact steps for capturing a gameplay clip on PS4 are as follows:
- Start playing your favorite PS4 game.
- When you’re ready to start recording, quickly press the Share button on your controller (the oval button to the left of the touchpad) two times in a row.
- On the left side of your screen, look for a tiny note with a film icon next to a red recording icon. This indicates that you have successfully recorded gameplay.
- If you have set a different default recording date, your PS4 will continue to record for 15 minutes if you continue to play.
- Double-tap the Share button on your controller again if you want to stop recording early.
- Keep an eye out for the tiny note with the film and recording icons to reappear. This indicates that you have stopped recording.
- When you see the message Video clip saved on your PS4, it means your clip has been successfully saved and is ready to share or edit.
- On the PS4, here’s how to edit and share clips.
You may want to share a clip you’ve shot on your PS4. You can upload your clips to a variety of social media sites, including Twitter and YouTube, and you can even cut them down before uploading if you like.
Here’s how to edit and share gameplay clips from your PS4:
- Select Capture Gallery from the PS4 home screen.
- To view captured clips, choose a particular game or All to see all of your clips.
- Click the Options button after selecting the clip you want to edit or post (oval button to the right of the touchpad).
- To edit your shot, go to the options menu and pick Trim.
- Your clip is cut into 10-second intervals by design. Highlight and pick 10 Second Intervals if you want longer or shorter intervals.
- Choose the desired time period.
- Select Start after selecting the frame where you want your clip to begin.
- Select End after selecting the frame where you want your clip to end.
- Choose OK.
- To save your original footage in case you need it later, choose Save as New Video Clip.
If you want to share your newly created clip online, select it and click the Share button.
- Choose OK.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Twitter.
- Your video is about to be uploaded.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.