How to Mute Someone on Instagram – You can mute a user’s stories or posts instead of unfollowing or blocking them if you don’t want to see their Instagram posts or stories. They would also be totally unaware that you have muted them.
You’re still linked to a user (i.e., you’re still following them), but their content won’t show in your home stream, and you won’t be able to see their stories. And if you mute anyone, they will still be able to see your posts and stories.
How to Turn Off a User’s Instagram Posts and Stories
In your feed, you’ll see new updates. As profile photos, stories appear at the top of your feed in a horizontal line. Here’s how to make sure a consumer doesn’t see one or both of these things.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
- Log in to Instagram and go to the user’s profile tab. You can search for them by clicking the search icon and typing their name into the search bar.
- Select Following below their profile picture on their Instagram page.
- Select the mute option.
- Set the Posts to turn on to silence posts. Set the Stories to turn to on to mute stories.
- The profile picture of the consumer will become slightly translucent, and their stories will appear at the bottom of your feed.
- You can also mute anyone right from your feed. Tap the three dots next to a user’s name > Mute > Mute Posts or Mute Posts and Story to remove them from your feed.
How to Make a User’s Posts or Stories Visible Again
To unmute a user’s posts or stories, do the following:
- Go to the Instagram page of the muted user.
- Below their profile picture, tap the Follow button.
- Toggle the Mute switch.
- Switch the Posts switch off to unmute posts. Switch the Stories switch off to unmute the stories.
How to Figure Out Who Has Muted You
Have you forgotten who you muted? In your privacy settings, Instagram keeps track of who you’ve muted.
- Tap the picture of your profile.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the menu button.
- Make a selection of options.
- Pick the choice for Privacy.
- Pick Muted Accounts from the Connections menu.
- Select any user to visit their Instagram page and, if needed, unmute them using the steps described above.
- Muted users’ stories can still be viewed by scrolling to the bottom of your stories and clicking their transparent profile image, or by visiting their Instagram page. Muting them just stops them from appearing in your feed of stories.
How to Mute a Snapchat Friend, Group, or Common Story
With a few taps, you can momentarily silence a Snapchat post, whether it’s a friend’s story of too many repetitive videos of her new cat or a group’s story about an ongoing subject you’re not interested in.
To mute a friend, a group, or a common story, find the person, group, or story you want to mute. You can find it by searching for them in the conversations tab.
- To open the corresponding profile page, tap the name of a friend, party, or famous story.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the three vertical dots.
- From the list of choices that appear, pick the Mute Story toggle so that it turns blue.
If you’re muting this friend, party, or famous story for the first time, Snapchat will ask for your confirmation. To confirm, press the Mute button.
At the bottom of the screen, tap Done. When you turn on the Mute Story button, their stories will no longer show at the top of your feed or while you’re watching stories.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.