How to Make Facebook Private
This article describes how to make your Facebook messages, Friends list, profile information, and albums private by changing your Facebook settings. The instructions are unique to the desktop version of Facebook.
- How To Delete Anyone From Facebook’s Friends List
- Facebook Poke – Can’t See Who Poked Me on Facebook – How to View Who Poked You on FB Mobile
How to Use Privacy Settings and Tools to Change the Sharing Default
Setting your default sharing choice to Friends rather than Public is an easy way to lock down anything you share in the future. Only your friends will see your posts after you make this move.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
To access the Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools screen, follow these steps:
- On any Facebook computer, select the arrow in the upper-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, choose Settings & Privacy.
- Select your preferences.
- In the left pane, click Privacy.
- Who can see your future posts is the first thing on the list. Select Edit and select Friends from the drop-down menu if it says Public.
- To save the update, select Close.
On this screen, you can also adjust the audience for previous posts. Look for the option to limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or to make them public. Limit Past Posts is selected, then Limit Past Posts is selected again.
Friends of Friends or Public posts that were previously identified as Friends of Friends or Public will now be marked as Friends. On individual posts, you can override the default privacy setting at any time.
How to Make a Friends List on Facebook secluded
By default, Facebook makes your friends list public, which means everyone can access it, whether they’re friends with you or not. You can modify your preferences through Facebook’s settings or your profile page.
- Click Edit next to Who can see your friends list on the Settings and Privacy screen.
- To keep your friends list private, choose either Friends or Just me.
- You can also choose Specific Friends or Friends Except to limit who can see your friends list. Specific Friends is a list of people you nominate, while Friends Except is a list of people you don’t designate.
- Go to your Facebook profile page instead. Under your cover picture, go to the Friends page.
- To get to your profile page, choose your name from any Facebook page.
- Select Edit Privacy from the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the Friends screen.
- Next to Friends List and Following, choose an audience.
- To save your changes and close the window, click the X icon.
How to Check Your Privacy Settings in Your Profile
Your Facebook profile is set to public by default, which means it is searchable and indexed by Google and other search engines.
- Experts advise that you go over each item in your profile’s profile settings.
- To access your profile, click your name at the top of any Facebook screen.
- In the left pane of your profile page, click Edit Details. The box labeled “Customize Your Intro” appears.
Select the toggle next to the details you want to keep private and turn it off. This includes the boxes next to school, current city, birthplace, and other personal details you’ve shared on Facebook.
Instead, select the pencil icon to edit an object.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.