How to get verified on Instagram – This article discusses how to apply for an Instagram validated badge and offers advice on how to get it accepted.
How to Obtain an Instagram Verified Badge
You can apply for a validated badge if you’ve determined that your Instagram account meets all of the eligibility criteria. You must have access to the Instagram account that is being checked and be able to log in using the Instagram iOS or Android app. Instagram.com does not encourage you to apply for a checked badge. Instagram will never ask you to pay for authentication, and you will never be contacted to validate your identity.
- Log into the Instagram app for iOS or Android and go to the profile tab by clicking the profile picture at the bottom of the screen.
- In the top right corner of the profile tab, tap the menu icon.
- Make a list of choices.
- Choose Account.
- Request Verification is the option to choose.
- Fill in your full name in the Full Name section, identify yourself in the Known As a field, and choose a category from the Category dropdown list for your account.
Exit Instagram without closing the app and take a screenshot of a government-issued photo ID that includes your name, birthday, or official business documents. A driver’s license, passport, national identity card, tax return statements, recent utility bill, or article of incorporation are all appropriate types.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
- Return to Instagram and pick the picture of your ID from your mobile by tapping Choose File.
- To submit your application for approval, tap Send.
Eligibility Criteria for Instagram Verification
You may apply for Instagram verification if you’re a high-profile person or manage an Instagram account on behalf of a public figure, celebrity, company, organization, or brand. However, you must first ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, which include:
- Follow Instagram’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
- Authentically represent a real person, corporation, or other legal entity; Represent the individual’s, business’s, or entity’s singular presence; Set your profile to public and add a completed bio, profile photo, and at least one post; and Represent a well-known person, business, brand, or organization that is frequently searched.
Instagram will review accounts that have been featured in various news and media outlets, but paid or promotional content will not be considered. Instagram will also disregard general interest pages, such as those that feature famous books, amusing memes, or adorable pets, regardless of how many followers they have.
Even if an account meets all of the Instagram verification criteria, there’s no assurance that it will be accepted. If you provide false or misleading information when applying for a checked badge, Instagram could reject your application, revoke your badge if it was given to you by mistake, and possibly disable or delete your account entirely.
What Happens When You Send an Instagram Verification Request?
Unfortunately, Instagram does not provide a timeframe for hearing back about your application; however, you should eventually receive notification of whether your application has been approved or denied. If your application is denied, you’ll be allowed to submit another application after 30 days if you want to try again.
If your application is accepted, you can see the checked badge at the end of your username in your profile, in search results, and in the extended threads of comments, you leave on posts.
The Benefits of an Instagram Checked Badge
On a verified user’s profile, inquest, and in comment threads, the verified badge appears as a white checkmark surrounded by a blue badge next to their username.
The checked badge provides accounts with a variety of extra advantages in addition to being a high-status icon on Instagram. There are some of them:
- Believability. Even if there are hundreds of identical accounts, users who come across a confirmed account don’t have to doubt its validity. The blue tick tells them that it is a real person, corporation, or organization behind it.
- Better prospects for collaboration. While many Instagram influencers work with other brands, being confirmed makes it easier to secure more lucrative and exclusive brand partnerships.
- You’ll be the first to hear about new functionality. Verified accounts are often given preferential treatment and are given the opportunity to test or try out new features of the app before they are made available to the general public.
- A higher search score. When users search for a well-known person, business, or organization, the best-confirmed match will appear at the top of the search results. Below will appear any and all impersonated (unverified) accounts.
- Increased number of followers and participation. Instagram users choose to follow official, real, and exclusive accounts, which is exactly what that little blue tick reflects. This means that as you gain more followers and connect with them, your content will become more organically discoverable on the Explore list, as well as your account on the Suggestions for You page.
How to Get Your Instagram Verified Badge Approved
Instagram is more likely to accept validated badge applications from accounts representing individuals, companies, brands, or organizations that are vulnerable to impersonation. Users can tell the difference between real accounts and fake or fan-based accounts thanks to verified badges. This explains why so many celebrities are checked, but celebrity status isn’t needed.
Consider the following suggestions to boost your chances of getting your Instagram verification request approved:
- On your profile, use branded content. Include a simple, appealing profile picture, keywords in your username/full name, and short blocks of descriptive text in your bio, as well as optional hashtags. Use your brand in your Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, and Instagram reels.
- Obtain media coverage. Your chances of verification acceptance are slim to zero if Instagram can’t find any material about you on the internet. Participate in interviews, become a guest host on podcasts, appear in YouTube influencer videos, have articles about you published on news hubs, and more to promote yourself or your company.
- Work on your overall web presence. Since their existence is limited to Instagram only, many Instagram accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers do not get confirmed. Make a concerted effort to extend your online presence to other sites such as your official website, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and others, all of which should be highly search-engine optimized.
- Increase the number of people who follow you and the amount of time they spend on your website. The higher your Instagram follower count and interaction, the more likely your account will tend to be a high-profile one that many people are aware of and looking for. Only keep in mind that you can do it honestly rather than buying followers. Check out the top five Instagram apps for rising interaction.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.