How to Get a Unique URL for Your Facebook Page – Person profiles on Facebook are not the same as Facebook Pages. Businesses, organizations, musicians, and public figures use them to support and share their work. Each Facebook page has its own URL. However, rather than a string of numbers, you may prefer a common name in the URL. You must change the username of your Facebook Page in order to change the URL.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
If you have administrative rights for a Page, you can make changes to it. Your Website has a username in the URL as well as a page name that appears on the Page. You can easily modify one or both.
How do I change the name of a page or a username?
If you’re a Page admin and want to modify the username in the URL or the page name on the Page, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to the Facebook Page and click on More.
- To learn more, go to About.
- Select Edit Page Info from the dropdown menu.
- Pick the X icon in the upper-right corner and type in the new Page name or username.
- After you’ve reviewed your update, press Request Change. It’s possible that the name change will take some time.
If the name you want is already taken on Facebook, you’ll have to choose another one.
You may not have administrative rights if you don’t see the choice to change the name of your Page. Furthermore, if you or another administrator recently changed the name, you might not be able to change it again right away. In a few cases, Facebook places restrictions on Pages that don’t meet the Facebook Pages Terms, and you can’t change the name on those Pages. Restrictions on the names of Facebook pages and users Keep a few constraints in mind when selecting a new Page name or username.
The following names are not permitted:
- Symbols and other punctuation are not allowed.
- Phrases that are abusive.
- Phrases that infringe on a person’s rights.
- Long explanations, such as a slogan, are not acceptable.
- The capitalization is wrong. (Only acronyms are permitted in all caps.)
- Usernames and page names cannot be deceiving.
- Usernames must have a minimum of five characters.
- Page names must accurately represent the content of the page.
Generic terms like “cars” or generic places like “Chicago” are not included in names, but they can be used in a completely unique name.
Copy and Paste on Facebook Desktop
You use Facebook to share the stuff you find interesting. So, whether you want to share a motivational quote, a snippet of text, or something else, you can use copy and paste. It’s simple and fast with Facebook.
Let’s look at how to copy and paste on Facebook using a web browser and a mobile Facebook app.
- In any browser on your PC, log into Facebook with your email address (or phone number and password).
- Go to the content you want to copy in your News Feed or on someone else’s timeline.
- By dragging your cursor from the beginning to the end of the text you want to copy, you can select it.
- Pick Copy from the context menu when you right-click on the highlighted text. On Windows, you can use the shortcut key combinations Ctrl + C (or Command + C on a Mac).
Navigate to the spot where you want the copied text to be pasted. It could be a Messenger conversation, a status update, or something else on Facebook. Ctrl + V on Windows, or Command + V on Mac, position the cursor over the text and pastes it. You can also right-click to open the context menu and pick Paste from the list of choices.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.