Learn how to download a file from Google Drive on a computer, Android device, or iPhone.
One of the safest places to keep your files in Google Drive. You can follow this step-by-step guide to download a file from Google Drive.
Google Drive is a well-known file storage and synchronization service established by Google. The app is regarded as one of the safest places to save materials such as photos, movies, recordings, stories, designs, drawings, and a variety of other types of information on its server. With a Google Account, the first 15 GB of storage on Google Drive is free. If you use Google Drive and wish to download a file from it, there are a few procedures you must take.
Using a computer, Android, or iPhone, you can download a file from Google Drive. The following is a step-by-step tutorial on downloading a file from Google Drive.
How to use a computer to get a file from Google Drive
- Step 1: Go to drive.google.com on your PC.
- Step 2: To download a file, click on it. If you want to download multiple files, hold down Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) while selecting them.
- Step 3: Next, right-click and select Download from the drop-down menu.
Keep in mind that you can’t just drag a file or folder to your desktop.
How to use Android to download a file from Google Drive
- Step 1: To begin, launch the Google Drive app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Step 2: Tap More next to the file’s name. (three dotted lines)
- Step 3: Finally, select Download.
How to use an iPhone to download a file from Google Drive
- Step 1: On your iPhone, open the Google Drive app.
- Step 2: Next to the file you wish to download, tap More (three dots).
- Step 3: Select one of the following options:
You can save the file to your phone in one of two ways: To do so, hit Save to Files, then choose a location for the file to be saved, and then Finish.
You have the option of opening the file in another app: To do so, tap Open in, then choose the app you’d like to use.
A snapshot or video can now be saved to your camera roll.
- Step 1: To begin, launch the Google Drive app on your phone or tablet.
- Step 2: Tap More next to the file you wish to download (three dots).
- Step 3: Select Send a Copies.
- Step 4: Depending on your file, you can now save it as an image or as a video.
Note: If you can’t download a file, it’s possible that the owner has restricted printing, downloading, or copying options for users who have to comment or viewing access.
Google Drive Information
Users can access their files on Google Drive from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. Additionally, Google Drive allows users to instantly invite others to see, collaborate on, and download any files they desire. Aside from that, you may make your files available offline on Google Drive so that you can view them when your phone or tablet loses service, such as on a plane or in a building with a weak connection.