How to Delete Facebook Posts in Bulk | Facebook Post
How to Delete Facebook Posts in Bulk | Facebook Post – With the Manage Activity feature in a web browser or the Facebook mobile app, you can remove all of your Facebook posts at once and archive your activity.
Using Facebook in a Web Browser to Delete Posts in Bulk
- The first step in removing old Facebook posts is to choose which ones you don’t want to keep (up to 50 at a time). There are a few options for doing so, like filtering posts if you choose to delete a particular one.
- Sign in to your Facebook account by going to Facebook.com or by using the Facebook app. To access your profile, click your name or the profile icon in the upper-left sidebar or the menu bar.
- Select Manage Posts from the drop-down menu below the post composer.
- To narrow down the available choices, choose Filters. You can choose unique years, the author of the article, the degree of privacy, and the things you’ve been tagged in.
- To delete a post thumbnail, click the square check box in the upper-right corner. At any given time, you can only remove up to 50 posts.
- Click the post thumbnail to see the entire post on Facebook.com. A window appears that displays the entire message, allowing you to decide whether you want to keep it or delete it.
- Select Next at the bottom of the page until you’ve selected all of the posts you want to remove.
- Then pick Delete Posts, then Finished.
Deletion is irreversible. If you don’t want to remove these posts permanently, you can cover them so they don’t show on your profile timeline. On Facebook.com, go to Hide Posts, or on the app, go to Hide from Timeline. To reveal these messages, go to your profile’s Activity Log and select the Hidden from timeline tab.
How to Use Facebook’s Manage Activity Tool
You can remove, archive, or restore the content in the Manage Activity portion of the activity log. Currently, this feature is only available on the Facebook mobile app.
- Sign in to your Facebook account by opening the app and signing in.
- To view your profile, click on your profile picture in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Choose More from the three dots (…) under your profile photo.
- Pick Activity Log from the Profile Settings menu.
- Pick Manage Activity from the drop-down menu at the top of the activity log.
- Pick the type of operation you’d like to see in the Manage Activity window that appears, such as Your Posts.
- Select Filters at the top of the activity log and, if chosen, a filter, such as Categories or Date.
- Check the box next to any material you’d like to save.
- Select Archive. Alternatively, you can uninstall the content by selecting Trash.
When you try to delete some posts, you will find that the deletion option is grayed out, leaving you with only the hide option. This can happen with some posts, such as profile picture changes, posts that weren’t made by you, or posts with unique privacy settings.
You can remove individual posts if you are unable to delete them using the manage posts option. Find the posts you want to delete on your Timeline, then click the three dots in the upper-right corner of each one.