Customize the Dock’s Location
Any of the properties of the Dock, the device launcher that appears at the bottom of the screen on Mac computers, can be customized to suit your needs. Since you’ll be using the Dock regularly, configure it and make it look exactly as you want it to.
How to Customize the Dock on Mac | OSXDaily
This article is relevant to Macs running macOS Catalina (10.15) through OS X Yosemite (10.10).
The Dock’s default position is at the bottom of the screen, which works well for many users, but you can use the Dock system preference pane to switch it to the left or right side of the screen if you want. The Dock can only be placed in one of these three places.
Changing the Dock Location on a Mac
- By default, the Dock is at the bottom of the screen. It might be covered if you don’t see it. The Command+Option+D keyboard combination hides and exposes the Dock.
- Pick the System Preferences item from the Apple menu or click the System Preferences icon in the Dock. In the System Preferences window, choose Dock.
Pick a place for the Dock by tapping one of the radio buttons next to Position on screen:
- The Dock is positioned on the left edge of your phone.
- The Dock will appear at the bottom of your screen, which is the default spot.
- The Dock is positioned on the right edge of your phone.
- The transformation happens instantly.
- Try each of the three locations to see which one you prefer. If you change your mind, you can easily switch the Dock again.
- Dragging a Dock to a New Place
- It’s easy enough to switch the Dock around using System Preferences, but there’s an even better way. You can move the Dock around by dragging it. Despite the fact that you can move the Dock around, you can only put it on the left side, bottom, or right side of your screen.
- The trick to dragging the Dock is to use a modifier key and a particular location on the Dock to execute the drag.
- Place your cursor over the Dock separator, which is the vertical line toward the right side of the Dock when it is at the bottom of the panel while holding down the Shift key. The cursor transforms into a vertical arrow with two ends. Don’t let go of the Shift key.
- Drag the Dock to one of three pre-selected positions on your screen.
- Release the cursor and let go of the Shift key after the Dock snaps to the left, bottom, or right side of the window.
- Changing the Dimensions of the Dock Icons
How To Persuade Your Friends To Switch Applications For Messaging
How to turn on and off Facebook Nearby Friends
If you have a full Dock, it shrinks to fit in the available space when you move it from the bottom to either side of the display, which might make the icons smaller than you want. Switch on Magnification in the Dock Machine Preferences screen to combat this. The icons under the Dock enlarge as you run your cursor over them, making it easier to search and locate the one you like.
If the Dock isn’t quite complete, use the Size slider in the Dock System Preferences panel to increase the size of all the icons.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.