How to Connect an iPhone to a Projector – There are several presentation applications available, such as PowerPoint and Keynote, but no one wants to be huddled around their phone squinting at their slides. We’ll show you how to attach your iPhone to a projector or TV wirelessly or with cables in this guide.
How to Connect an iPhone to a Projector: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
How to Use a Cable to Connect an iPhone to a Projector
A simple adapter cable is probably the simplest way to link your iPhone to a projector. A video cable is included with any projector, and it is used to attach it to the laptop, tablet, or phone whose content is being projected. That’s what you’ll use in this case. However, since the iPhone lacks a standard video port, you’ll need to purchase an adapter.
Two adapters are available from Apple to attach an iPhone to a projector:
- Lightning to VGA Adapter: This adapter attaches to standard VGA video cables and plugs into the Lightning port on the bottom of modern iPhones.
- Digital AV Adapter Lightning: This adapter allows you to link an iPhone to an HDMI cable instead of a VGA cable. There are video cable adapters available for older iPhone models with the big 30-pin Dock Connector as well.
If you use the same projectors for your iPhone on a daily basis, you will possibly get by with only one of these cables. Simply double-check the cable on the projector you’d like to use (VGA is the thick, 30-pin cable with the screws on either side; HDMI is the thin, wide plug used with HDTVs).
If you’re frequently on the move and can’t predict which type of cable would be accessible on the projectors you’ll be using, it’s probably best to have both cables on hand for optimum versatility.
How to Wirelessly Connect an iPhone to a Projector
A cable isn’t needed for every projector. In reality, some newer projectors allow you to attach your iPhone (or laptop) wirelessly instead of using cables.
Since the exact steps to do so vary depending on the projector type, we can’t include a single set of instructions here. When you turn on any of these projectors, the instructions for connecting are shown. Wi-Fi is usually used to connect to the projector. Simply follow the directions projected on the screen, or provided to you by the projector’s provider, and your iPhone presentation should be projected in a matter of seconds.
Google Hangout | How to Download and Launch the App
Apple iPhone SE | Specs and Price of Apple iPhone SE
How to Use Apple TV to Link an iPhone to a TV
Expensive projectors are being replaced in some modern offices by a more compact and versatile combination: an Apple TV and an HDTV. You can send the presentation from your iPhone to the Apple TV using Apple’s wireless media-streaming AirPlay technology in this case. Here’s how to do it:
- To begin, make sure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV you want to use for your presentation.
- Control Center should now be open.
- Press and hold the Screen Mirroring button.
- To link to an Apple TV, tap the name of the user. At this point, your iPhone screen will appear on the TV connected to the Apple TV in newer versions of iOS. You’ll need these next two steps if you’re using an older version of iOS.
- Toggle the Mirroring slider to the on/green spot.
- To begin presenting, tap Done.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.