Here’s how to use any email client to accept Gmail messages
This article will show you how to configure Gmail POP settings so that you can receive emails from Outlook or some other email client.
- How to Use WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp on Your Computer | How to Add a Contact to WhatsApp
- How to Set Automatic Replies in Outlook – Check it out
Configure your Gmail POP server settings on the client if you want to open your Gmail messages in an email client like Microsoft Outlook. Configure your email client to download your messages from the Gmail server after that.
Only accessing incoming messages necessitates the use of POP settings. Configure the Gmail SMTP server settings for outgoing messages to get the most out of your email.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
- In Gmail, allow POP.
- Allow POP in your Gmail account before configuring your email client with the Gmail POP settings.
- Choose See all settings from the Settings menu (the gear icon).
- Pick the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab from the Settings pad.
- Choose Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on in the POP download section.
- Select Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on unless you have a special reason to download all of your emails.
- Choose what happens when your Gmail messages are accessed via the email client by choosing the When messages are accessed with POP dropdown arrow.
When you want to keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox, messages that you delete in the email client will still be there when you open Gmail in a web browser. This method can cause your account storage limit to be exceeded, preventing emails from reaching your inbox. When a message is downloaded to your email client and you want to delete Gmail’s copy, it is removed from Gmail and no longer available from the Gmail website.
- Pick Save Changes once you’ve made your choices.
- Configure Gmail POP Settings in Your Email Client
- Create a new account in your email client to use the Gmail POP settings. Each client’s method for completing these steps is unique (though the settings you enter will always be the same).
To set up Gmail in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Pick Info from the File tab in Outlook.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select New from the Email tab in the Account Settings dialog box.
Fill in your name, Gmail address, and password in the Add Account dialog box. The rest of the server information is filled in by Outlook. Pick Manual configuration or additional server types if that doesn’t work. Then choose Next. Click Next after selecting POP or IMAP.
Set the following parameters:
- To enter the necessary details, you may need to go to an Advanced Settings or More Settings screen.
- pop.gmail.com is the Gmail POP server url.
- Username for Gmail POP: Example@gmail.com is an example of a Gmail address.
- POP password for Gmail: Your Gmail username and password
- SSL is required for Gmail POP: Certainly.
- Next should be picked. Outlook performs a test and displays the results.
- You can need to enter POP and SMTP settings on the same screen for some clients.
Allow the Less safe app access setting in Google if the email client is unable to connect to Gmail. To do so, go to the Protection section of your Google account’s home page. To allow this function, scroll down to Less secure app access and follow the prompts. Please be aware that by performing this action, you are making your Google account more vulnerable to outside access. Require SMTP authentication on the outgoing server if the email client is unable to link to Gmail.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.