How to Change Mouse Speed or Sensitivity
This article describes how to adjust the speed of your mouse or trackpad’s clicking and pointer. This article refers to PCs running Windows 10 and Macs running macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), or macOS Sierra (10.12). (10.12).
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
In Windows 10, how do I adjust the mouse speed?
To adjust the mouse speed on a Windows 10 screen, follow these steps:
- Enter mouse in the search bar. Pick mouse settings from the results. Select Additional mouse options when the Settings window appears.
- Adjust the speed with the slider in the Mouse Properties Control Panel applet, then test it by double-clicking the test folder icon. The faster you set the speed, the faster you’ll have to press the mouse buttons to get a double-click to work. Select Apply to save the update if you want to retain it. If you don’t save your changes, the configuration will revert to its previous state before you opened the Settings window.
- To adjust the speed at which the mouse cursor or pointer travels around the screen, go to the Pointer Options tab of the Mouse Properties dialog box.
- The less you press the mouse, the quicker the cursor moves. To make the cursor go the same distance when the speed is slowed, you must move the mouse further. Select Apply once you’ve reached the desired speed.
How to Adjust the Speed of the Touchpad Cursor in Windows 10
- To adjust the touchpad speed in Windows 10, press Win+I to open Windows Settings. After that, go to Devices, Touchpad.
- Drag the lever in the Settings window to the left or right to adjust the speed of the cursor when using the touchpad when it opens. Change the sensitivity using the slider on the same screen. Unlike mouse settings, these changes take place immediately after you make them. You don’t have to choose Apply.
On a Mac, how do you adjust the mouse tracking speed?
On a Mac, adjusting the mouse tracking speed is as easy as on a Windows 10 device.
- On a Mac, choose System Preferences from the menu by clicking the Apple icon at the top of the screen.
- In the Machine Preferences screen, click Mouse.
- At the top of the page, select Point & Click.
- Increase or decrease the cursor speed by dragging the slider under Tracking speed. The tracking speed determines how much physical movement is needed to move the cursor.
How to Change the Tracking Speed of a Mac Trackpad
- The method for changing the trackpad speed is the same if your trackpad is built into your Mac laptop or is a peripheral you use with your Mac desktop computer.
- Select System Preferences from the menu by clicking the Apple icon.
- In the Machine Settings screen, choose Trackpad.
- Click Point & Click on the next screen.
- On the Mac, use the Tracking Speed slider to alter the trackpad’s tracking speed. Drag the slider between Slow and Quick to decide how fast you want the tracking to be. The tracking speed determines how much physical movement is needed to move the cursor.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.