How to Block Searches of Your Facebook Profile – Learn how to restrict who can look you up on Facebook using your email address, phone number, or even a Google search of your name by reading this post.
There is currently no privacy setting in Facebook that allows you to avoid your profile listing from appearing in search results. As a result, if anyone searches for you on Facebook using your name or any other personal details they might have about you, your profile listing might still show up.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Restrict Facebook Profile Searches Using Your Email Address, Phone Number, and Search Engines
These privacy settings can be customized on Facebook.com or via the Facebook mobile app. Both are covered in the guidelines below, but only Facebook.com screenshots are included.
- Sign into (or turn to) your account by going to Facebook.com in a web browser or by opening the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Click the down arrow in the top right corner of the screen, then Settings & Privacy, Settings from the dropdown menu on the web.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom menu (iOS) or top menu (Android) of the app, then scroll down to Settings & Privacy, Settings.
- Pick Privacy from the left-hand vertical menu on the web.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section of the app and hit Privacy Settings.
Look for the How People Locate and Contact You section on both the site and the app. The following search choices can be customized:
- Who can use the email address you got to look you up? To restrict these types of searches, choose Friends, Friends of Friends, or Just Me.
- Who can use the phone number you gave to look you up? To restrict these types of searches, choose Friends, Friends of Friends, or Just Me.
- Do you want your profile to be linked to by search engines other than Facebook? Select Edit on the web and uncheck the box next to Allow search engines outside of Facebook to connect to your profile. Tap the button to turn it off in the app.
Professional Reasons to Block Searches
If you use the same email address or phone number for your Facebook account and for other purposes, such as professional networking, you might want to block any professional contacts you make from finding yourself on Facebook. This is particularly true if you only use Facebook for personal purposes and don’t want to receive friend requests from any professional contacts.
Searches can be blocked for privacy reasons.
Similarly, whether you’re a high-profile person or an online influencer, you don’t want to receive Facebook friend requests or messages from people you don’t recognize. If your public email address/phone number is connected to your Facebook account, or if your Facebook profile is easily identified in search engines, fans and followers will find it easier to reach you via your Facebook profile.
Even if none of the two examples described above applies to you, it’s a good idea to restrict your Facebook searchability as a precautionary measure in case someone tries to find you using your email address, phone number, Google, or another search engine.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.