This article will teach you how to appear offline on Facebook and Facebook Messenger so you can search without anyone knowing you’re there. The instructions apply to the desktop version of Facebook as well as the iOS and Android applications for Facebook and Messenger.
How to Make a Desktop or Mac Appear Offline on Facebook
Friends might note that you’re on Facebook or Facebook Messenger and think it’s a good time to send you messages because you’re online. If you’d like more protection, here’s what you can do.
- Go to Facebook.com and click on the Messenger button.
- Options to Consider (three dots).
- Select Turn Off Active Status from the drop-down menu. If you don’t want to be bothered, pick Turn off active status for all contacts.
- Choose If you don’t want to be bothered by most people but still want to be open to a select few, turn off active status for all contacts. You can choose which friends have access to your online status.
- Make a decision If there are only a few people with whom you’d like to stay anonymous, toggle off active status for only some of your contacts.
- When you’ve made your decision, press Okay. Until you turn it back on, your active status remains off.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Make an iOS Device Appear Offline on Facebook
- It’s simple to disable Active Status on your iOS computer.
- In the lower-right corner of your Facebook app, press Menu (three lines).
- Pick Settings & Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section and choose Active Status from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle off Display when you’re engaged by clicking the toggle next to it.
- To confirm, tap Turn Off. There are ways to keep people from finding you on Facebook in addition to being invisible to your Facebook friends.
How to Make an Android Device Appear Offline on Facebook
Here’s how to disable Active Status in the Facebook app for Android:
- On your Android computer, open Facebook and select Menu (three lines).
- Select Settings & Privacy, Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle off Show when you’re busy by tapping Active Status.
How to Use the Facebook Messenger App When Offline
- You can also switch off Active Status from the Messenger app for iOS or Android.
- Pick your profile picture from the Chats page.
- Select Active Status from the menu.
- Toggle off Active Status, then confirm by tapping Turn Off.
- You can still send messages and engage in existing conversations after you switch off Active Status.
Limitations are advised. Who Has Access to Give You Friend Requests?
You may want to consider banning people who aren’t mutual friends of your current friends from sending you friend requests if you’re adamant about stopping strangers or unwanted people from sending you friend requests.
This can be done in the same section (under How People Locate and Contact You in Privacy/Privacy Settings) where you customized the above privacy settings. Change is inevitable. Who has the ability to give you friend requests? from the general public and friends of friends
If someone you don’t know searches for your name or other personal information on Facebook, they won’t be able to give you a friend request unless they are already friends with at least one of your friends.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.