Ho w to Keep Kids From Seeing Adult Sites | Parental Control – Although you won’t be able to fully prohibit your children from viewing adult material on the internet, certain software programs and applications will help you secure — and prevent them from seeing — much of the content you don’t want them to see.
Home Wi-Fi Network | How to Set Up a Home Wi-Fi Network
How to Protect your Google Account from been Hacked?
Software and Apps that Block
If you want to use one of the many site-blocking services, you have a lot of options. Some services are designed to keep track of your child’s online and mobile activities.
NetNanny is a popular program that tracks, limits, or regulates your children’s internet use. MamaBear and Qustodio are two good parental control monitoring applications if your child uses an Android or iOS device.
Options for Parental Safety that are Free
You should take some free measures to secure your children before you start shopping for apps.
Set up Windows parental controls if your family uses a Windows device to search the internet. This is a good start, but don’t stop there. Parental controls can also be activated on your router, your children’s game consoles, and their mobile devices. YouTube, too, has parental controls.
SafeSearch with Google Family Connection and Internet Explorer’s parental controls are two examples.
Although Google Chrome lacks built-in parental controls, it allows you to enroll your children in the Google Family Connection program. You can use it to authorize or ban apps that your child wants to download from Google’s Play Store, monitor how much time they spend on their apps, and use SafeSearch to block them from visiting explicit websites in any browser.
In Google Chrome and other browsers, use the following commands to allow SafeSearch and filter explicit search results:
- Go to Google’s Search Options page.
- In the SafeSearch filters portion, check the box next to Switch on SafeSearch.
- To prevent your children from turning off SafeSearch, click Lock SafeSearch.
- When prompted, sign in to your Google account.
- Lock SafeSearch by clicking the lock icon.
- Return to the search settings by clicking the Back button.
- At the bottom of the list, click Save.
With Internet Explorer, you can restrict the amount of time you spend surfing.
To block adult websites in Internet Explorer, open the Content Advisor pane.
You’ll need to add Content Advisor if you’re using Internet Explorer 10 or 11, but it’s not supported in Windows 10 version 1607. If you’re using Internet Explorer 9, instead of using the command below, you can access Content Advisor directly from the browser. Tap the Content tab under Resources > Internet Choices.
The WIN+R keyboard shortcut opens the Run dialog box.
Copy the following command:
- Copy the order and paste it into the Run dialog box.
- Click the OK tab.
In Content Advisor, you have the following options:
- Set rating levels for categories such as language, nudity, sex, crime, and others.
Approved Sites: List any websites that your children are permitted to visit, even if the rating setting has them blocked. If a rating does not limit a page, you may specifically block it.
- Generally speaking: Allow or disallow your child access to websites with no ranking. You may also use this area to set a password to restrict Content Advisor settings; the password also allows you to unblock a website on demand if it’s blocked for your children but you only want them to visit it once.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.