7 dos of online dating – If you want to have a positive online dating experience, keep these seven tips in mind. They’re straightforward and straightforward, but these tips can mean the difference between a pleasant and painful experience!
1. Convene in a public location. The person on the other side of your computer, tablet, or cell phone screen may appear trustworthy, but you have no way of knowing for certain. Even if they do not turn out to be an ax murderer, meeting them in public will make it much easier to ward off unwanted sexual advances!
2. Inform a friend or family member of your whereabouts. This is critical for women to do, but it is also critical for men to do, as some women can be dangerous and creepy.
If you have a suspicion that your date will be a bust, you can use the age-old trick of asking a friend to call you an hour later with an “emergency.”
3. Make your own transportation arrangements. Allowing your date to pick you up puts you at the mercy of a total stranger, who may turn out to be smarmy. If you do not have a car, choose a meeting location that is easily accessible on foot, by bicycle, by thus, or by taxi.
4. Bring cash. Even if you are a female, you must be prepared to pay for your own expenses. Many men believe that men should always pay for dates, and some women will volunteer to pay for dates if they have asked a man out.
However, some online daters believe that the first date should be “every person for themselves,” as neither party truly knows the other. You may not know what type of person you will meet until you arrive, so bring some cash or a credit card with you.
5. Maintain proper hygiene. Perhaps you’re surprised that this even needs to be mentioned, but numerous online forums are filled with stories about dates who showed up in filthy clothes, with unbrushed hair, or reeked of body odor.
Avoid being one of those people, even if you work in a messy environment. Not only will you have little chance of a second date, but you may also face internet mockery!
6. Be gracious if your date does not appear to be what you anticipated. Getting angry and leaving is acceptable if you expected to see a woman and were met by a man, or if your date is 400 pounds but appeared to be 120 in their photographs.
However, do not be put off by the minor changes. We all take our pictures on our best days, and your date may be missing theirs on the day of the meeting. If they have a pimple that was not visible in their photos, their stomach appears slightly less toned, or they have a slightly different haircut, do not write them off immediately.
7. Express gratitude to your date for a pleasant evening. One of the most unpleasant feelings you can have the following date is being left hanging, unsure whether the other person will ever contact you again. Certain individuals believe that because they are unfamiliar with their online dates, they have a free pass to simply disappear.
However, you must avoid doing so, as you never know when or where you will run into the next. Even if you’re not interested in another rendezvous, call or text your date the following day to express your appreciation. If you decline a second date request, they may initially be irritated, but they will eventually appreciate your candor. That’s it about “7 dos of online dating”