Each time I post on my Facebook account, a certain alert message comes up with “friends except restricted” but I have no “restricted” list on the left-hand side of the screen where lists appear, so i don’t understand this again.
I did have a restricted list ages ago but now I cannot find it.
If you cannot find the restricted list on your Facebook account, relax as we will help you out here. The Facebook restricted Friends Lists is in your Blocking Settings. Putting someone on the Restricted list means that you’re still friends, but that you only share your posts with them when you choose Public as the audience, or when you tag them in the post.
Did you just meet a friend you thought was an angel, and then you add your new friend to your Facebook friend’s list and now you’re regretting it because he floods your timeline with annoying updates, not too helpful posts and even make discriminating comments on your posts and above all, you’re now thinking twice about every photo upload and every update you post, but still unfriending him isn’t an option. Then you ponder on what to do? Well you are lucky to stumble upon this post today as we will put you through how you can easily restrict your friend’s access to your posts
Here are the steps that you currently need to find it. Note, however, that Facebook frequently changes their UI, so these steps may become outdated at some point in the future.
(Kindly let us know in the comment section if anything stops working).
- Go to the lock icon in the upper-right corner, and click See More Settings:
- Click on the Blocking tab on the left, then click Edit List in the Restricted List section at the top:
You will then see a popup dialog with everyone on your Restricted List. You can also add and remove people from the list through this dialog.
Had this problem with my girlfriend, we couldn’t figure this out. For us – in July – this is how I solved it. (FB changes their UI so often, it’s difficult to post a lasting fix, but here goes) ….
- On your friend’s page whose posts you can’t see, have them logged in
- Have them go to your profile page
- Click your Friends button
- Select “Add to another list…”
- See if “Restricted” list is selected for some reason. If so, then click it again to hopefully take you off Restricted List.
How to do this on Facebook Application
ON YOUR FACEBOOK APPLICATION:
There are two ways you can view your blocked list on your Facebook mobile application, Use either of these two steps:
- On your Facebook app, tap on the menu button (☰)
- Tap on “Account Settings’ (for iPhone users tap on “Settings”)
- Tap on “Blocking”
- Tap on the menu button (☰)
- Tap on “Privacy shortcuts”
- Scroll down and tap on “How do I stop someone from bothering me?”
- On the drop down menu, tap on “Blocked users”
I hope this process works for you, at least it worked for us.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.