Several people have wondered and searched through the Internet if they can just stumble on articles or guides on the best ways to share your MTN internet data bundle with friends and families. Well, we have designed this guide just for that. The best ways for MTN subscribers to share their data in MB and GB easily using just one simple USSD code.
Note: This service is basically for those who have existing data on their MTN SIM and wants to share it with other people.
How to Share Data on MTN
Approach 1: Share Data with MTN Data Gifting
MTN Data gifting is back and better, with this service, you can send data bundle and simply pay for the Data bundle on their behalf.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Listed below are the steps to share data on your MTN network;
- Firstly, dial *123*3#, then reply with 7.
- A list of options will be made available which includes transfer data from your data balance, buy for a friend, or even request data from a friend.
- Select the alternative you wish to go for.
- Supply your friend’s MTN number, then select the amount of data you would like to share with the friend.
Note: Using this approach, you can only share data twice daily and the maximum data you can share daily is 200MB.
Approach 2: Share Data on MTN (for postpaid subscribers)
For Postpaid subscribers, follow these steps to share data on MTN
Step 1: Activate an applicable (for postpaid subscribers) data plan.
Step 2: Register for MTN Data Share by dialing *131*2*1# or text REG to 131. After this, you will receive your security PIN.
Step 3: Ensure you change the system generated PIN to a new PIN you can easily remember using the *131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD PIN NEW PIN NEW PIN to 131. i.e Change 0000 1234 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is the old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
Step 4: Once your security pin is changed, the next step is to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*3# or by texting Add to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
Step 5: After adding beneficiaries, you will be able to share your available data bundle with the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*4#
NOTE: Approach 2 works for postpaid subscribers only and only possible for the Data Plans listed below:
- 250MB + 125MB = 375MB | N1,300 | *109# | 30 Days
- 500MB + 250MB = 750MB | N2,000 | *110# | 30 Days
- 1GB + 500MB = 1.5GB | N3,500 | *111# | 30 Days
- 3GB + 1.5GB = 4.5GB | N6,500 | *129# | 30 Days
- 5GB + 2.5GB = 7.5GB | N8,000 | *101# | 30 Days
Approach 3: Share MTN SME Data
This is a prepaid service in which business owners buy data bundles and share with people. This service is specifically designed for growing businesses offering them the ability to centrally manage internet usage per staff across their business with the name Short-Medium Enterprise (SME).
To use this service, you are required to first migrate to the MTN SME Plus tariff plan by texting 460 to 131.
Once you have migrated, you can share data with any beneficiary by sending SMS in the format stated below to 131 (or dial *461# and follow the on-screen prompt):
- SMEA <PhoneNumber> 250 <PIN> to 131 250MB
- SMEB <PhoneNumber> 500 <PIN> to 131 500MB
- SMEC <PhoneNumber> 1000 <PIN> to 131 1GB
- SMED <PhoneNumber> 2000 <PIN> to 131 2GB
- SMEE <PhoneNumber> 5000 <PIN> to 131 5GB
NOTE: SME data can only be shared in multiples of 250MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB or 5GB. Sharing data in other multiples is not allowed.
Approach 4: Share MTN Data via Hotspot
This is the Final approach that can be used to share MTN data, although this is a common approach by everyone, we still can’t leave it out of this guide. Follow these steps to share Data via Mobile Hotspot
- From your smartphone home menu or apps screen, locate and click the Settings menu.
- Click “More” in the “Wireless & networks” section.
- Select the “Hotspot and Tethering” menu.
- Choose the “Mobile Hotspot” option to change your settings accordingly.
- Rename mobile hotspot and set a password
- Then simply turn on mobile hotspot
- Check the “Mobile hotspot” box to enable the hotspot.
- Connect to the hotspot on another device.
N.B: This approach might not be straight forward in all smartphones but these steps will surely enable you to share your data via mobile hotspot in all devices if carefully followed.
I hope you are able o share Data with your friends now using the approaches listed in this guide. If you face any challenges while trying these steps out, inform us in the comment section and we will gladly help out. Thank you and don’t forget to share.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.