How to deactivate Facebook account
To deactivate your Facebook account, follow these four steps:
1. Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser
2. Select ‘Settings’
3. Choose ‘General’ in the left column
4. Click ‘Manage your account.’
5. Press ‘Deactivate your account,’ and then follow the steps to confirm your decision
To reactivate your account after deactivating it, simply log into Facebook your e-mail and password. Your profile will be entirely reinstated.
How to delete Facebook account permanently?
One thing that most users want to know is how to delete Facebook account permanently. For this, follow the steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Visit this link, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Click Delete My Account.
See also: How to Change Password On Facebook
Important things to consider before you close Facebook account
Make sure you’ve downloaded a copy of your Facebook data before deactivating or permanently deleting it. You might be aware of the fact that you can gain access to your Facebook account after you’ve deactivated it. But be careful, you won’t get the chance to change your mind after you’ve deleted your Facebook account permanently. So, take your decision wisely.
It will take 90 days for Facebook to delete all your photos, videos, posts, likes, comments, messages, and everything else. Other Facebook users won’t be able to visit your profile during the deletion process. However, the text messages, images you’ve sent to your friends via chat will reside at their end because they’re a part of their account also. You can ask them to delete your messages.
Recommended: Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily
Other Things to Note
1. Never login again the next 90 days, if you are sure you wish to delete your account permanently.
2. If you wish to come back again, simply follow the link below within 14 days
4. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies from your desktop, smartphone, and tablet. Otherwise, saved login credentials on your respective devices will trigger account reactivation.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.