Facebook is currently one of the best social media platforms. This platform allows uses to connect with friends and loved ones.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Facebook has taken measures to ensure their platform is well secured. That notwithstanding, hackers will make attempts to hack and steal your Facebook account.
The best way to secure your account is to take advantage of all the security settings Facebook has put in place to prevent your accounts from being stolen.
This is a quick article on how to secure your Facebook account with Facebook security settings.
Change Your Facebook Security And Login Settings
In your Facebook account settings, Facebook allows you to adjust your security and login settings. To do this, click the “Account and Login” link in the left-hand column. Here you can set the following:
Choose Friends to Contact if You Get Locked Out
This feature was made by Facebook to help users get back to their account anytime they get locked out through their trusted friends.
Facebook recommends that any user to nominate 3-5 of his trusted friend’s contacts. The friends you select will be able to receive a recovery code with a URL that can allow you to get back into your account.
Where You are Logged in
This feature keeps the record of everywhere you are currently logged in or previously logged in including the logging time, device name and IP address.
It’s advised that you log out all sessions to keep your account safe.
Login – Facebook Security
Here you are able to change your account password and set your account to login with your profile picture.
It advised you use a strong password combination when changing your account password.
Also, setting your account to login with your profile picture might be risky as anyone can access your account easily once they can get your device. So it’s better you turn it off.
Facebook Security | Two – Factor Authentication
This feature allows you to log in with a special security code anytime you are accessing your account on a new browser or device. Here you will be shown seven different options you can choose from.
- However, you can still review the devices where you won’t need a code before you log in.
- Setting this feature is a good one; it will help keep your account safe from a hacker.
- Other settings you can make in this section are
- Setting your account to send alerts to you if anyone logs in a browser or device you don’t normally use.
- You can also add extra security to your notification emails from Facebook that only can decrypt.
- Here you can adjust settings on your activity and how people find and contact you. This part of your account helps you to maintain your privacy on the site.
- In the “Your Activity” section, you can make changes to who sees your future post.
- Review all the post you were tagged in and limited audience for a post you have shared in public or with friends of friends.
- The other section tagged “How People Find You and Contact You” is where you can change settings on the following:
- Who can send you a friend request?
- Users Who can see your friend list?
- Who can look you up using the email address linked to your account?
- Do you want a search engine outside Facebook to link to your profile?
- You can use these settings to adjust how you want people to locate you anywhere on the internet and on Facebook
That’s all on Facebook Security Settings. I hope this article was helpful?
If you like this article, please share it with your friends using any of the share buttons below.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.