Facebook as a social media platform has millions of people or users who get to interact with one another by simply adding them as your friends on the platform and as such Facebook does not restrict the number of friends or followers each user can have, so you can have millions of friends and followers and this is dependent your popularity level.
We accept sponsored posts that are honest and related to the topics we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com]
Reading this article will help you understand ways you could unfriend someone on or remove someone from your Facebook friends’ list via Personal computer or from your device mobile app on an Android device or an iOS device. You will also get to learn how to unfriend multiple friends at once on Facebook, how to unfriend someone without him or her knowing, how to know if someone unfriends you on Facebook, the meaning of unfriend alert and finally, how to see who unfriended you on Facebook using unfriend alert. We have a long way to go, so let’s get started.
Unfriend or remove someone on Facebook
With lots of friends on your timeline, you could easily miss out on some vital information as your timeline would be flooded with posts which include photos, videos, and comments from all your friends, it may be too over packed and you wish to reduce it.
It may also be that a particular friend has been stalking you frequently on the platform, sending you different annoying messages, tagging you in his or her posts which you literarily don’t want anything to do with.
It may also be that you noticed that you have a lot of “ghost friends” on Facebook, they just create the account without making use of it or rather are not very active on this platform and you wish to reduce the number friends you have.
Well, one simple solution to all the problems written above is to unfriend or remove those sets of friends from your Facebook friends. But the big question now is “How can I Unfriend or Remove Someone from Facebook?” to answer this, kindly read till the end.
You have to understand that you could unfriend someone on Facebook no matter where you are or what type of device you are using be it a Facebook app for iPhone, the mobile Facebook application or the web version on Personal Computers.
Also note that whether you’re using the iPhone application or your computer’s Internet browser after you remove somebody from your Facebook close friends list, he or she can no longer upload on or gain access to nonpublic areas of your Timeline.
How to Unfriend or Remove A Friend On Facebook
On Personal Computers
- Simply find your way to your account web page. Select the “Friends” Tab,
- Search for the exact individual or select all the friends you wish to unfriend.
- Just beside their name, you will certainly notice a “Friends” tab with a drop-down checklist option. There at the end of the checklist, there is a choice for “unfriend”. Select that and you are done.
Go to the particular friend’s profile, to do this, you can use the search box to search for the individual’s name, then click on it. At the person’s Cover Photo location, there will be a tab named “Friends”, where you would certainly obtain a drop-down checklist icon, click on it, pick “unfriend”.
On mobile app (iPhone)
- Download and install the Facebook app on your Apple iPhone if you don’t have it currently. Open up the App Store and tap on “Search,” and then type “Facebook” without quotes in the search box. Touch “Facebook” in the search results. Touch the “Free” switch and then “Install App” to set up the default Facebook app on your Apple iPhone.
- Launch the Facebook app from the apple iPhone residence display and also sign in to your account using your Facebook e-mail address or phone number and password.
- Touch the menu button in the bottom right-hand of the page and go to your profile.
- On your profile, scroll down and tap on See All Friends under Friends. Locate the friend you want to unfriend and tap on his/her name. This action takes you to his/her timeline. Touch the Friends button on his Timeline and tap on Friends, choose the Unfriend option from the menu that opens and when prompted, tap on OK to confirm your option.
On mobile app (Android)
- First, login Facebook account using your mobile app on your Android device
- Now search the name the close friend in the search box whom you want to remove or go to your friends’ list from your profile to look for the person or persons.
- Tap on Friends on the right hand of the person’s name and choose Unfriend from the pop-up menu or tap on the person’s name to go to his/her profile
- When you are on his/her timeline, tap on the Friends button, select Unfriend in the drop-down menu.
- When asked if you are sure of your decision, tap on Confirm
With all these methods, you have successfully unfriended or remove someone or a group of people from your friends’ list on Facebook, but you must know that the people you unfriend, even though they won’t be notified, will still get to know later on that you have unfriended them. As soon as they stop noticing your post on their timeline, or they couldn’t see you on their friend list, they come to understand that they have been removed from your friend list.
If they are a type that wants to have something to do with you, they will resend another friend request and lure you to accept it. To avoid all this, you can actually unfriend someone without him/her knowing even for a long time, how can this be done, read it below;
How to Unfriend or Remove Someone on Facebook Without them knowing
- Click the profile of the friend that you want to unfriend and tap on the Friends button for iOS and Following for android users
- Tap on either the Following button on the iOS device.
- Then tap on Unfollow
By following the above step, you have successfully removed the individual from your friend’s list formally. What do I mean by that?
- You could visit their profile anytime and also still see their blog posts.
- When they visit your account it still says that you are friends.
- They could see all your articles but you won’t see their post on your timeline.
- If they interact with your post frequently after that they will be seeing your posts in their newsfeed regularly.
Do you know you can also get to see the people that unfriend you on Facebook? Well, yes, it is very possible. To know how unfriended, continue reading the article till the end;
Facebook does not natively offer a means to realize who unfriended you on its platform. Even if you sustain a close eye on all your close friend list, you still cannot ensure knowing if someone unfriended you, or even if you find it out, it would just be guesswork as you could not be certain who was the one.
But there are numerous extensions for all the major web browsers that can come handy as well as could be enough.
How Do I Know Someone Unfriended Me On Facebook
Let’s say you kept knowledge of the number of Facebook friends you had, you noticed a decrease in that number after a while, what will you do? Either you will certainly begin looking the good friends you have now and also will certainly attempt to figure out the friends who unfriended you, or you will certainly check out every friend’s profile as well as see if both of you are still pals but that would be very stressful as you may not even know all your friend for those with large number of Facebook friend.
What is Unfriend Alerts?
Unfriend Alerts is a web browser extension that is available for all the significant web internet browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Traveler and Mozilla Firefox both on the mobile device and Windows system.
Unfriend Alerts is the best option for all the issues communicated about over. It not only informs you of you being deleted by someone, it additionally informs the person that unfriended you. Much more, it also notifies you if somebody has disabled/deleted their Facebook account.
How to See Who Unfriended You on Facebook Using Unfriend Alert
- Install it on your browser by granting all the consents called for from your end.
- Now after successful installation, login to Facebook otherwise already visited. Unfriend Alerts will ask for approvals to access your public account and your good friend list. Press “Okay”.
As soon as this is done, every single time you log in to Facebook, Unfriend Alerts will instantly check if all the close friends you had are still good friends. If a person goes missing it will show you a good popup and list all the friends with each other that unfriended you.
Furthermore, you can also implement a hand-operated check by clicking the Unfriend Signals sign in the top right and then clicking the “Inspect All” button. Unfriend Alerts also does an automatic check after every hour, to ensure that you could familiarize whenever somebody unfriends you on Facebook.
Difference between unfriend and block on Facebook
Even though both terms may seem to have a similar effect, let me assure you that they are very different. Their differences can be seen in these categories;
Seeing Posts: If you unfriend someone, you can still see each other’s public posts and everything on the other person’s profile that she made public, including photos and updates. However, when you block a user, you automatically unfriend him and neither of you can see each other’s posts, public or otherwise.
Messaging: It is possible to still message someone who is no longer on your friends’ list and you may also receive messages from that person in your “Others” inbox. You don’t receive a notification if that person messages you, which would have been the case if you were friends. If you have, however, permanently blocked someone, it’s not possible to have a conversation with that user on Facebook.
Adding as a Friend: If you have unfriended someone, you can add that person as a friend later on again. If you block a user, this is no longer possible, and neither of you shows up in each other’s searches. It will be as if that person does not exist on Facebook unless you unblock the person and send a new friend request.
Invites: Both blocking and unfriending prevent another person from sending you invites. It is however not necessary to take such drastic measures if you are merely annoyed by all of the invites that person sends you. Via your Facebook settings, you can block all app invites or all event invites from a specific person. This prevents you from receiving any invites from that specific friend, without having to unfriend him.
I believe with this article, you have been able to learn how you can unfriend someone, as well as several people on Facebook at once both from your mobile device and from your personal computer. I also believe you must have learned how you can unfriend someone without them knowing about it and also how you can detect those that have unfriended you on the Facebook platform.
Kindly share this article with your loved ones, relatives and buddies so they can know about how it is being done. Thank you for reading.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.