You might be wondering what Selling on Facebook Marketplace really means or even how it looks like, well, you really do not have to confuse yourself even a bit, as this article will be giving every detailed information on what you just need to know about Selling items on Facebook Marketplace.
Just like we’ve known, Facebook is the world’s largest social media networking site, it is widely used in every continent and nations of the world and even it is the most popular.
And therefore, it is well known as a general form of connection, communication, and interaction between a whole lot of users all over the world. It functions perfectly as a social media for interacting with millions of other people and now it has introduce a marketplace where its users can buy and sell at their convenience.
Over the years, Facebook has grown from just being a large platform for sending messages and entertaining other users, to a level of an effective hub for marketers and their businesses, selling on Facebook Marketplace has also become one general activity that goes on right on the Facebook app installed in your device. But before you can commence Selling and buying with the Facebook Marketplace, there are some things you have to put in place and here is how you can get it done.
What Is Facebook Marketplace? – Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is a convenient platform on Facebook where users and businesses are able to come together in the art of buying and selling. So, for all business owners and marketers seeking for the best possible ways to get their business and its products online or to reach out to their distant audience, just be sure that selling on Facebook Marketplace is just the solution for that.
With the Facebook marketplace, you are able to;
- Showcase your items and products on sale
- Get connected to and interact with users who need your goods and products
- Make your goods visible to the public in order to find people who need your products or services
- Make large sales of your products, as Facebook is the largest social media site that contains millions of users. And so much more!
I believe by now you should have known what the Facebook Marketplace is and how Selling on Facebook Marketplace works. But there is still one major thing you’re yet to know which is for you to start Selling on Facebook Marketplace, then you must have the Facebook app in your device and you must have a Facebook account in the app. For those that don’t have an account yet, here is the how you can get your Facebook account in few steps;
How to Create a Facebook Account – Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Simply follow the instructions as ordered in steps depending on the type of device you are using, be it iOS or Android;
For IOS Devices and Tablets
- Open your Apple app store on your IOS device or Tablet.
- Once the store page is open, click on the search icon.
- In the search box, type and search for “Facebook”.
- A result list of related apps will be shown to you on the next page, click on the Facebook app and click on GET.
- Next, you have to click on INSTALL and begin the download.
- After the download, open the Facebook app.
- One the page of the app, click on Create New Facebook Account.
- Enter your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Choose your gender and enter a password.
- Once you are done with these processes, click on Sign Up.
For Android Devices – Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Open the Google Play store on your Android device.
- At the top of the page, in the search box, type in Messenger and search.
- Click on the Facebook app and click on the “Install” button.
- Next, you have to click on “Accept”
- Wait for the download process to finish and Open your Facebook app.
- On the page, click on “Create New Facebook Account”, and click on Next.
- Agree to the security prompts and click on Next.
- Provide your first name and last name, and click on Next.
- Enter your date of birth and click on Next.
- Select your gender and click on Next.
- Enter a valid email address and click on Next.
- Enter a preferred password for your account, and click on Next.
- Click on Sign Up.
How to Log in To Your Facebook Account
Now that you have your own personal Facebook account, you have to log in to this account in order to make use of your account whenever you want. Here’s how to log in to your Facebook account.
On Mobile Phones – Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Open the Facebook app.
- On the page, enter your email address of phone number.
- Enter your password.
- Click on Log In.
On Computers and Desktops
There is no Facebook app for computers, so you have to go through the Facebook website.
- On your web browser, go to www.facebook.com.
- On the page, enter your email and phone number.
- Enter your password.
- Click on Log In.
Now you have logged in, you can make use of your Facebook account.
How to Start Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Now that you’ve gotten your Facebook app and account ready, all you need to do now is get started with Selling on Facebook Marketplace. So, without much talk, let’s quickly see how you can get your products on the marketplace.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your Facebook account.
- At the top of the Facebook app, you will find a shop/store icon, click on it.
- Next, you have to add the pictures of the items and goods you have on sale.
- Type a brief title for your products.
- Add a short description of your products or business.
- Describe the items and products, and add the prices of the items.
- Add a category and location for the item.
And that’s it! From here, your items will be made visible to other users, and they can then contact you if they need any of your items.