The process of Archiving Facebook messages involves hiding several conversations from Facebook’s inbox folder briefly. This process differs totally from deleting messages, in that it is done to ensure the safekeeping of those selected messages. The whole history of the conversation will be kept in a safe condition and can be retrieved at will.
Users usually prefer to archive Facebook messages to avoid flooding of their inbox with the messages that they do not want to use regularly.
Note: Once the friend whose conversation you have archived sends you a new message, the whole conversation gets un-archived and reappears in the inbox folder.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Archive Facebook Messages
Are you worried about the easy ways to archive your FB messages as this feature interests you, kindly read on as we discuss how you can easily archive your Facebook messages
Method 1: Archiving From the Conversations List (This is offered in the Left Pane of the Messages Page).
- Sign-in properly into your Facebook account.
- From your profile’s primary page, click the label ‘Messages’ from the left pane.
- After opening the messages pane, ensure that you remain in the Inbox area.
Note: The ‘messages’ label will be highlighted provided you are still in the Inbox area.
- Select the conversation that you wish to archive.
- After selecting, click the ‘Archive’ label at the bottom-right corner of the selected conversation to archive all its messages.
Method 2: Archiving directly from an Open conversation (In the Right Pane of the Messages Page).
- From your profile page, tap the ‘Messages’ label from the left pane.
- From the conversations shown in the left pane, select the one that you wish to archive.
- After selecting, from the pane, click the Actions tab from the top-right corner of the message window.
- Select Archive from the drop-down options.
- Optionally, you can push Ctrl + Del or Ctrl + Backspace to archive an opened conversation.
Now that you’ve successfully archived your Facebook messages, am sure what is on your mind is how to get back these messages whenever the need arises. Read on as we discuss how you can un-archive your archived Facebook messages
How to Checkout Archived Facebook Messages
Although an archived conversation immediately reappears when the very same friend sends in a new message, you can open the archived conversation manually from the Archived folder by following the steps below:
- From your opened Facebook account, click the ‘Messages’ label in the left pane of the homepage.
- Next, click the ‘More menu’ above the conversation list in the left pane.
- Select ‘Archived’ from the drop-down options.
- You can now see all the archived conversation in the Archived folder that opens.
I hope that was easy and understandable, now we will reveal how you can locate archived Facebook messages on the Facebook corporate website directly and on mobile
How to find an archived message on Facebook Corporate website
To easily view an archived conversation on the Facebook full website directly, you must undergo the steps listed below:
- Ensure you are signed in to your Facebook account
- Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/messages/
- Click the ‘More‘ tab over the conversations, and after that click ‘Archived‘.
- You will certainly see all the archived conversations on the page that loads. After that, you can simply go through the conversation and locate the message that you’re searching for.
How to View Archived Messages on a Smartphone
To get to your archived messages from the mobile version of Facebook messenger or your mobile web browser, either open up the Messages page or do the following:
- Open Messenger and sign in to your Facebook account.
- Tap the search bar at the top of the screen and type the name of the person you want to view messages for.
- Select the friend whose messages you want to see from the search results page and after that, you’ll see all of the messages from that person.
If you’re using Facebook’s mobile site from your phone or tablet computer, you can’t explore the conversations themselves however you can search for a person’s name from the list of conversation threads. For instance, you could look up “Joshua” to locate archived messages to Joshua but you cannot look for specific words you and Joshua sent out each other.
Those are the easiest ways to archive Facebook messages and find an archived message on Facebook.
If you do not wish to archive Facebook messages and want to delete any message on Facebook, we will continue this guide with step by step procedure to delete Facebook messages.
How to Delete Facebook Messages
There is an inbuilt feature on Facebook which allows users to either erase a whole conversation or erase a specific message from within a conversation.
How to delete an entire conversation:
- Ensure that you are properly signed-in to your Facebook account.
- Click the ‘Messages’ label in the left pane of your profile’s homepage.
- Next, from the shown conversations, click to open the one that you wish to delete.
- Click the ‘Actions’ label on the top right corner of the opened conversation window in the right.
- Select ‘Delete conversation’ from the drop-down options.
- Click ‘Delete Conversation’ in the opened ‘Delete This Entire Conversation’ verification box.
How to delete a particular message from a conversation:
- After signing-in to your Facebook account, click the ‘Messages’ label in the left pane of your profile’s homepage.
- Next, from the opened Messages page, navigate to the left area, click to open the conversation from which you wish to delete the messages.
- Click the ‘Actions’ label from the top-right corner of the message window on the right.
- Select ‘Delete messages’ from the drop-down options.
- Next, inspect the checkboxes, representing the messages that you wish to delete.
- After selecting the message(s), click ‘Delete’ from the bottom-right corner of the message window.
- On the shown ‘Delete These Messages’ verification box, click the ‘Delete Messages’ button to delete the selected messages.
Note: When you delete a discussion or its messages, the action can’t be reversed, and you can’t recover the messages. However, deleting a conversation or its messages from your Facebook account doesn’t remove them from the other party’s inbox.
So instead of deleting your messages on Facebook, it is better you simply archive them and be certain they are somewhere and can be retrieved whenever needed.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.