Did you use a complex password that you have now forgotten and due to that you find it difficult to access your Facebook account, this article will teach you how you can retrieve your password on Facebook? We do not guarantee you will get to reset your password except you have the required things which include access to your phone number or email address used to register on Facebook.
What do I do if I forgot my Facebook password
Facebook is certainly the # 1 Social media web site with over 1 billion individuals existing users and more prospects to Sign up soon I trust. Well for security purpose, we are advised to change our password often and ensure that the password we are using is a strong one, For steps about how to create a secure and strong password, read till the last section of this guide as we show you how to use a Strong Password.
We will start this guide by showing you what to do now that you’ve forgotten your Facebook password.
Step by step guide to recover Lost password on Facebook from your PC
Reset Facebook Password using Default Email
Every Facebook account is created either with an existing e-mail or telephone number. So if you use your Email address during Sign up on Facebook, follow the actions listed below.
Step 1. Launch any web browser and open up Facebook.com from your computer or laptop using your preferred web browser.
Step 2. When the Facebook Landing page launches, locate the login field then click on “Forgot Password” located under the login field.
Step 3. On the following web page, you will select “Email me a link to reset my password” and then a password reset procedure will be sent to your registered email address, simply go to the email so you can click on the link to reset your password and then click continue,
Alternatively, if you didn’t use email address while registering Facebook, that implies you have used your phone number, so from step 3, simply choose the “send me a reset code” instead of the email choice then Facebook will certainly send a unique 6 digit code, simply enter this code and click continue.
On the next page, you will be required to supply your new password of choice. There are two fields to supply this. The first one is to enter your password while the second one is o simply confirm it.
Those are the simple steps you have to take to reset Facebook password on PC.
What if you are a mobile user that access the Facebook platform from your mobile device, we will show you ways to recover Facebook password from a mobile device now.
Step by step guide to recover Lost password on Facebook from your Mobile App
To easily reset your Facebook password using the Facebook mobile app, follow the steps below;
- Launch the Facebook mobile app on your device
- You will notice there are two fields, one is to enter email or phone and the other is to enter your Password
- Input your username or phone number within the space provided
- Since you’ve forgotten your login details, simply click on the “Forgot Password?” link located below the Login button
- You’ll be asked some security questions which you must provide answers to
- After answering these questions, a link will be sent to your email account to reset your password or 6-digit code to your phone number.
- Open your email account
- Search for the mail sent by Facebook and open it
- Then click on the link sent
- The link will take you straight into your account, and prompt you to change your password immediately to a new one.
- If it is a phone number you supply, the next page will ask you to enter the 6 digit code sent, upon verification of the code, a new page will be loaded.
- Simply provide a new password and click on save. If the password is not the same with a previously used password, then you have successfully changed your password and you will be redirected to the Facebook Login page to re-login.
With that, you have successfully recovered your Facebook password. Welcome back to Facebook and back your account.
Note: After recovering your password, ensure you save it somewhere or at least use passwords you can easily remember.
It is advisable to change your Facebook password at the interval. This is to make your account more secure, We will continue this guide by putting you through how you can change your Facebook Password
How to change my password
Facebook password is what actually gives you access to your account, without your password, you will be unable to chat with friends, make posts, pictures or even comment on other people’s post, you virtually lose access to your FB account. So to avoid this and resist hackers from gaining control of your account, it is better to regularly change your Facebook password.
You might think altering Facebook password is a herculean task, but with the step by step processes stated in this guide, you will find out that it is a painless thing to do:
- Initially, navigate to facebook.com.
- Enter your login details to access your account.
- Click the downward-pointing arrow in the top right-hand corner of the Facebook page.
- From the dropdown menu, select Settings.
- To the left of the new page, select Security and Login.
- Scroll down and locate the Login area
- When you locate it, simply click Change password.
- Enter your old password in the box provided for the old password.
- Enter your new password twice, ensure it is a strong password
- Click Save Changes.
That is it, you have successfully changed your Facebook password.
We mentioned earlier there’s a need to use strong passwords so as to secure your account from brute force attacks, now we will move to explain the concept of strong password and the steps to ensure that you use a strong password.
What are Strong Passwords?
As revealed above, ensure you make use of a strong password, you may wonder what exactly a strong password is, well the following are guidelines for a strong password:
- Use a combination of alphabets and numbers
- Ensure it is more than 8 letters
- Don’t use your name, phone number or email
- Do not use English words directly.
I hope this guide was helpful?
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.