Here’s how to Disable An Account on Facebook Temporarily: Facebook can get annoying sometimes, and you might feel the need to deactivate your account and take a little break. Facebook allows you to deactivate your account temporarily and come back again with your information still intact.
However, Deactivating your account is different from deleting your account permanently. Immediately your account is deactivated, you will not have any activities going on, on your page. However, Facebook would still have your information.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept guest posts that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
How to Temporarily Deactivate Facebook Account
You can choose to deactivate your account temporarily and choose to come back whenever you want.
To deactivate your account:
- Tap the arrow sign at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings, then tap Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Select Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select Deactivate Account, then tap Continue to Account Deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
When your account is deactivated:
- No one can see your profile.
- Some of your data, like messages you sent your friends, may still be visible.
- Your friends may still be able to see your name in their friend’s list.
- This will only be visible to your friends, and only from their friend’s list.
- Group admins might still be able to see your posts and comments, along with your name.
Be aware that if you keep Messenger active or are logged into Messenger when you deactivate your Facebook account, then Messenger will remain active.
If your Facebook account is deactivated, but you still logged in Messenger: You can still chat with friends on Messenger.
Your Facebook profile picture will be visible in your conversations on Messenger.
Reactivating your Account
If you want to come back to Facebook after you have successfully deactivated your account, you can reactivate your account by logging back into Facebook or by using your Facebook account to log in somewhere else.
Keep in mind, you will need to have access to your email or mobile number you always use to log in to complete the reactivation.
In case you cannot remember your password, you can request a new one. If you also cannot access the email associated with your account, learn how to reactivate your account.
Note, you’ll need to have access to the email or mobile number you use to log in to complete the reactivation.
What Happens When You Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- You cannot be able to reactivate your account.
- Your whole profile, photos, posts, videos, and everything else you have added will be permanently deleted. Retrieving any information won’t be possible.
- You can not be able to use Facebook Messenger.
- Signing into other platforms using Facebook Login will no longer work, you may have signed up for with your Facebook account, like Spotify or Pinterest. You will have to contact the apps and websites to recover those accounts.
- Some of your information, like messages you sent to friends, may still be visible to them after you delete your account. Replica’s of messages you have sent are stored in your friends’ inboxes.
How to Permanently Delete my Account
Just before deleting your Facebook account, you may want to log in and download a copy of your information (like your photos and posts) from Facebook. Immediately your account has been deleted, you will not be able to retrieve anything you have added.
Download a Copy of Your Facebook Data:
- On the top right of Facebook and tap the arrow sign
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Your Facebook Information.
- Select Download your Information and tap View.
- Tap the boxes on the right side of Facebook to choose the categories of data from your request.
- Select other options, including File Format, Quality of photos, videos and other media.
- Specific date Range. If you do not select a date range, you will request all the information for the categories you have selected.
- Tap Create File to confirm the download request.
Immediately after you have made a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Available Files section of the Download Your Information Tool. It might take some days for Facebook to finish preparing your download request
Once they have finished preparing your download request, you will get a notification letting you know it’s ready.
To download a copy of the data you requested:
- Navigate the Available Files section of the Download your Information tool.
- Tap Download and enter your password.
- You may also tap Show more to view information about your download request, such as the format and when it will expire.
How to Permanently Delete your Account
- Click the arrow at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Select Settings, then click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select Delete Account, then tap Continue to Account Deletion.
- Input your password, tap Continue and then tap Delete Account.
How to Cancel Account Deletion
If it has been less than 30 days since you initiated the deletion, you can still cancel your account deletion. Once it exceeds 30 days, your account and all its information will be permanently deleted, and you will not be able to retrieve your information.
It may take 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you have posted on Facebook. While Facebook is deleting your information, your information will not be accessible to other people using Facebook.
We hope you found this article of great help.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.