How to Change My Name on Facebook: For most of us, the names we used to open our Facebook account five years ago is the same name we are still using today. As we all know, change is the only constant thing in life and the good news is that Facebook has given us the opportunity to change our names from time to time.
As they say, variety is the spice of life, so why don’t you spice up your Facebook life and change your name? In this article, we are going to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to change your name on Facebook.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept guest posts that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
How to change your name on Facebook App
- Click on the menu button at the top right hand of the page (under the messenger logo)
- Scroll down to Account settings and tap on it
- Click on General
- On the pop-up screen, tap on Name
- On the screen that pops up, type any name you want to known as on Facebook then tap on Review change
- Enter your password and click on Save changes
How to change your name on Browser
- Click on the in the top right of Facebook and select Settings
- Click on Name
- Enter your name and click on Review Change
- Enter your password and click on Save Changes
Remember that Facebook has some terms and conditions attached to changing your name on Facebook. They are stated below:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation
- Characters from multiple languages
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious)
- Words or phrases in place of a name
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind
- The name on your profile should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list.
- Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
- You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
- Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization or idea.
- Pretending to be anything or anyone isn’t allowed.
NOTE: You will not be able to change your name again until after sixty(60) days or two months.
You can also spice up your new name by adding a nickname, a birth name, etc. So go ahead, play around with some new spectacular names but remember to align your change to work with the standards of Facebook.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.