How to Hide Photo on Facebook – On Facebook, you can choose who you want to check out your photos and who you don’t want to see your photos. Those photos you intend to make private can be placed into an album and then kept hidden.
We accept sponsored posts that are honest and related to the topics we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com]
Any photos that you have uploaded on your Facebook page – which includes those in your albums are – by default – public on Facebook. Recently, Facebook no longer makes it possible to hide photos on the public album, including business pages or celebrity pages. You can, however, delete them.
How Do I Manage My Albums?
- Create a new album on Facebook, or open an album you have already created.
- Open Your Profile Page
- Click on your _Profile name at the top of any Facebook page and then click “Photos” in the left menu.
- Select “Albums” and then click on any album, except your Cover Photos or Profile Photos. These albums are always public and they cannot be edited. However, you can delete previous cover photos and profile photos, if you would prefer that nobody can see them.
- Select an Album Privacy Setting
- Click the “Edit” button above the album cover and then click the “Privacy” button. You have several choices for determining who can see the album and its contents.
- “Public” means anyone can see the album and its contents.
- “Friends” means only your friends can see the album and its contents.
- “Friends except for acquaintances” means Facebook friends can see the album, except those friends you have added to “Acquaintances.” (To make a friend and acquaintance, go to his profile page, hover over the “Friends” button and then select “Acquaintances.”)
- “Only Me” means nobody can see the album except you. This is a good option for putting an album offline, without actually deleting it.
- “Custom” means you can choose specific people who can see the album or specify people who won’t be able to see the album.
“List” means if for instance, you have used Facebook’s Friends List feature, you can select the list here. Only people on the list will realize the album. To create a list of friends, go to your Facebook home page (the page with your Newsfeed, not your Profile page) and click the “Lists” option in the left menu.
How to Manage My Shared Albums?
A shared album is every album in which you had named certain people as suppliers or contributors when you had set up the album. Note that only the creator of a shared album can manage its privacy settings. The procedure for altering the privacy settings for a shared album is the same as any other album, except that the options are a little different.
In a shared album, option include;
- Public: Anyone can see the album and its contents.
- Contributors Only: Only people that you have named as contributors can see the album.
- Friends of Contributors: Contributors and all of their Facebook friends can see the album.
How to Manage My Photos?
You can also modify the privacy of a specific photo – regardless of if it’s in an album or not – by opening it and clicking the “Edit” button. The sharing options for photos are the same as those for your albums.
Note that the specific photo’s privacy settings will override the album’s settings. For example, if you have an album that’s visible to the public, you can select a specific photo to make it friends only. Likewise, if you have a private album, you can make individual photos in that album visible to the public, but the public won’t be able to see other photos in the album.
Who Can See Tagged Photos?
If you have tagged someone in a photo, that person and their Facebook friends will be able to see it, even if you had made the photo private. If that photo is in a private album, they will not be able to see the other photos in the album.
How to see hidden photos on Facebook
Facebook also faces security and privacy pressures each day and they are continuously working to make the platform safer and private since Facebook is highly worried about user’s privacy and they do whatever it takes it to more private.
There is a credible method to see the private friend photos especially those they are tagged in while surfing the net on Graph search of Facebook I discovered a simple graph search that allows you to see someone’s hidden photos on Facebook.
Note that “hidden photos” here means hidden to you but not to everyone, it also doesn’t mean that you can see someone’s private photos on Facebook.
Follow these steps to See Hidden Photos of Someone on Facebook.
- Go to the timeline of the person whose hidden photos you want to reveal. It should be like https://www.facebook.com/username
- Now you have to discover the numeric Facebook ID of that user. As soon as you get it, move to the next step
- Do a graph search on Facebook like – www.facebook.com/search/facebook_id/photos-of/
You just need to replace the faceook_id with the real numeric ID.
For example, if the Facebook ID you discover is 10000613582680, your URL would be like this
From here, you would be able to see hidden photos of the above profile-
This method is simply a Google Chrome extension that automates the above process and you just need to click on a button.
- First, you have to download the PictureMate Chrome extension to your Google Chrome.
- Now go to the target user’s timeline and click on the PictureMate icon at the right top corner of Google Chrome.
- It will find the Numeric ID and will perform the graph search for you.
But this extension will show you many redirect ads which are quite annoying hence I don’t recommend it.
If you find this article useful, kindly share with friends so they also can learn how to hide photos on their Facebook account from the general public.
Thank you for reading this guide. If you have any questions, kindly inform us using the comment section below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.