How to Change Date of Birth on Facebook: Birthdays are special days for everyone, it brings feelings of growth to an individual, a reason for many celebrating this special day. Facebook also encourages this act by wishing its users well on their birthday, it also informs every connected to the individual to wish them well too, so as to increase the joy in the heart of such fellow on his or her special day.
Unfortunately, while you were filling in your data during the creation of an account on Facebook, you input the wrong date unknowingly and now Facebook and other friends who are ignorant of the real date started wishing you a happy birthday on that wrong.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
This feels like a disaster or should I say a form of confusion because only a few close friends who actually know you in and out would actually wish you well on your real birthday and having people who wish you a happy birthday on different days wouldn’t be cool.
Now you want to change your date of birth to the real one but you find it difficult, you have tried all the processes you know but it’s not working. Well, congratulations, because you have come to the right place. This article will teach you how you can change your date of birth on Facebook
For those that may think changing their date of birth to a correct one is not necessary, well, let me categorically tell you now that your Date of birth is of topmost importance as it is a crucial data attach to your identity.
As an identity, it should be the same across all social media platforms. It wouldn’t be nice if you are asked to submit your credentials in a workplace and your date of birth on it is different from that on your Facebook profile
Also, the wrong date of birth could lead to issues in the past, for instance when Facebook requested identification to prove your existence to them, in such situations presently a piece of wrong information will mean that you are a fake individual or operating a ghost account.
Change your birthday on Facebook
Facebook has made it a lot easier lately when it comes to altering the date of birth. Before now, it did not allow you to change the birthday directly using the edit profile option provided on the site which meant you had to request a change instead.
Fortunately, this has changed, which means that you can now change the birthday on Facebook directly and without delay at any time, provided you have access to your profile.
How to change your Date of Birth on Facebook
ON YOUR FACEBOOK APP:
You can also choose who sees your birthday by clicking on the “people” icons on the right hand of either “Birthday” or “Birth year”. If you click on the button on just birthday and set it to maybe public, it means that anyone and everyone who happens to stumble on your profile will see your birthday, but if you set to “only me”, it means that you are the only person that will see your birthday. The same is applicable to the birth year.ON YOUR BROWSER:
- Tap on the menu button at the top right-hand or bottom right-hand corner of the page depending on your device.
- Next, tap on your name to view your profile.
- Next, scroll down and tap on “See Your About Info”
- Next, under Basic info, tap on the ellipsis at the right of your birthday date.
- On the month and date which constitute the “birthday”, tap on the gray downward button to edit your birthday “month” and “date”. While you tap on the gray downward () button on the “Birth Year” to edit your year of birth.
- After effecting the necessary changes, scroll down and tap on ”Save”
You can change who can see your birthday by adjusting the audience. There are two audience selectors next to your birthday: one for the day and month and one for the year. Friends won’t get a notification about your upcoming birthday if you don’t share the day and month with them.
- Log in to your profile and click on “About”
- In the left column, click “Contact and Basic Info”
- Scroll down and hover over “Birth Date” or “Birth Year”, and then click on “Edit” to the right of the info you’d like to change
- Click on the “people” button by the side of “edit” to bring out a drop-down menu. On the drop-down menus, use the audience selector by the right to choose who can see it
- Click on “Save Changes”
Congratulations, you have just changed the birthday on Facebook.
Why Can’t I Change my Date of Birth?
I want you to note that this process above has a limit and as soon as you have passed the limit for a certain interval of time, let’s say a month, you will not be able to change again until the next month.
But there’s actually a long process to take that would eventually allow you to change your date of birth even after you have exceeded the limit. Below is the procedure to take in order to change your date of birth after passing the limit
How to change your Date of birth after exceeding the limit
- First Log in to your Facebook Account whose birthday you want to change.
- Now all you have to do is just Contact facebook to change the date of birth/birthday.
- Click the link to Contact Facebook Button to contact Facebook.
- Then Select Your Date of Birth and select any reason from given reasons for changing Birthday.
A word from a friend who did it states “I tested this then my birthday was changed within an hour but I recommend you to wait for 24-48 hours”.
Now that you have learned the procedures to take when you intend to change your Date of birth on Facebook, I hope you share this article with your friends so they can also learn from it.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.