Products/Service you should not Sell on Facebook to avoid Banned – Thousands of users got banned recently from Facebook Marketplace due to violations of commerce and community standards policies. Well, not so many read long pages of policies. Sometimes, we fall victim to simple rules, just because we didn’t know.
To avoid getting locked out of the platform, you need to know what items and actions are allowed and prohibited.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
For instance, Facebook doesn’t allow the sale of counterfeit, illegal, or stolen items. For the full list of what you can and can’t sell, continue reading this article.
Products and services sold on Facebook and Instagram’s commerce must comply with the Community Standards and the Commerce Policies.
The Commerce Policies apply to all posts on Marketplace, buy-and-sell groups, shop sections on Pages, and Instagram Shopping product posts.
Facebook guides what types of products and services can be offered for sale on Facebook and Instagram.
Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the removal of posted content. If you repeatedly post content that violates Facebook’s policies, Facebook may prevent your account from accessing the marketplace.
A list of 17 prohibited content/items on Facebook Marketplace
1. Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs: Posts may not promote the sale of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
Drugs: including marijuana and marijuana products
Drug paraphernalia, including pipes and bongs
2. Tobacco products and related paraphernalia: Posts may not promote the sale of tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
Cigarettes, cigars, and chewing tobacco
Tobacco pipes and paraphernalia
Tobacco rolling machines
Hookahs and hookah lounges
Exception: Apparel featuring a tobacco brand logo.
3. Unsafe supplements: Posts may not promote the sale of unsafe supplements, as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion.
Human growth hormones
4. Ammunition, explosives, and weapons: Posts may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives. Such as:
Firearms and firearm parts
Exception: promoting safety training or licenses for legal weapons are accepted.
5. Animals: Posts may not promote the sale of any animals, such as:
Any part, pelt, or skin from an animal, including fur
Exception: animal posts that promote the sale of animal cages, products for animals (toys, collars, etc.), veterinary services, grooming services, or boarding services.
6. No commercial intent: Posts may not promote news, humor, or other content that has no intention to buy or sell products or services. Such as:
News and awareness posts
Jokes and memes
Lost and found posts
7. Adult products or services: Posts may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services.
Videos or live shows for adult entertainment
Sexual enhancement products
Sexually suggestive services (“texts to send her to get her in bed”)
Exception: Products promoting family planning and contraception, which focus on the product’s contraceptive features and not on sexual pleasure or sexual enhancement.
8. Alcohol: Posts may not promote the sale of alcohol.
Sale of alcoholic beverages
Kits for making alcohol
Books or DVDs about alcohol
Alcohol-related items, including glasses, coolers, and wine bottle holders
9. Healthcare products: Posts may not promote certain healthcare products and services, including medical devices, smoking cessation products containing nicotine, body parts or fluids, or posts that contain “before and after” images.
Medical devices: Posts may not promote the sale of medical devices.
Bandages and braces for physical injuries
Testing kits for medical conditions or diseases
Exception: Lifestyle and fitness accessories, including watches.
Smoking cessation products: Posts may not promote the sale of smoking cessation products containing nicotine.
Body parts and fluids: Posts may not promote the sale of human body parts or fluids.
Exception: Hair extensions and wigs
Personal health: Posts must not contain “before and after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Posts must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception to promote diet, weight loss, or other health-related products.
A person showing how loose-fitting his or her clothes are
A person with clothes that are too tight
A medical diagram or infographic with pain points or focal points on the human body
10. Real money gambling services: Posts may not promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill, or lotteries, including online casinos, sportsbooks, bingo, or poker if it costs money.
11. Fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or offensive: Posts may not contain deceptive, false, misleading, or offensive offers or products.
“Get rich quick” schemes.
“Before and after” photos showing the effects of weight-loss products, surgeries, health products, or anti-wrinkle products
Posts that are shocking, sensational, disrespectful, or portray excessive violence
12. Products with overtly sexualized positioning: Posts may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner.
Zoomed in sexual images
Implied sexual acts
13. Subscriptions or digital products: Posts may not promote downloadable digital content, digital subscriptions, or digital accounts.
Posts with downloadable content, including PDFs, music, games, films, etc.
Digital accounts, including Netflix accounts or games accounts
Digital subscriptions and Internet streaming services, including TV, mobile, Netflix, Spotify, etc.
Authentic audio or video CDs, DVDs, and Blu Ray
Digital devices, including smartphones, video game consoles, and TVs
14. Digital media and electronic devices: Posts may not promote the sale of devices that facilitate or encourage streaming digital content in an unauthorized manner or interfering with electronic devices’ functionality.
Sale of streaming devices loaded with software that facilitates unauthorized access to content
Jailbroken or loaded devices
Jamming or descrambling devices
Exception: Add-on equipment for streaming devices such as keyboards and remotes.
15. Real, virtual, or fake currency: Posts may not promote the sale of real, virtual, or fake currency.
Real money (cash or cash equivalent instruments and coins)
Replica or prop money
Digital or cryptocurrency
Active bank credit or debit cards
Store credit cards or coupons
Pre-paid credit or debit cards
Cheques or checkbooks
Equipment to create counterfeit currency or financial instruments.
16. Third-party infringement: Posts may not contain content that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright or trademark. This includes, but is not limited to, the promotion or sale of counterfeits, such as goods that copy the trademark (name or logo) and/or distinctive features of another company’s products to imitate a genuine product.
Counterfeits, knockoffs or replicas of branded goods, or posts offering goods that are likely to confuse consumers about the source, sponsorship, or affiliation of those goods.
Unauthorized or pirated copies of copyrighted works, such as videos, films, TV shows and broadcasts, video games, CDs, other musical works, books, etc.
17. Discrimination: Posts must not wrongfully discriminate or suggest a preference for or against people because of a personal characteristic, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, marital status, disability, or medical or genetic condition. Posts must comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination. This includes but is not limited to discrimination for housing posts.
“Only looking for Christian renters.”
“Must be under age 35 to purchase.”
“No Hispanic tenants welcome.”
Now you can decide what to sell or not to risk selling on the Facebook marketplace to avoid getting banned.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.