How do I delete my Gmail and Google accounts?
It’s finally time to delete that humiliating email address from a decade ago.
Is it time to unsubscribe from Gmail? It’s simple to delete your account if you prefer a different email service or want to finally get rid of that embarrassing username you created years ago.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the ‘For You’ page? Put an end to TikTok once and for all.
A Gmail account deletion is irreversible. All of your emails and account settings will be deleted once you’ve completed the process.
You won’t be able to send or receive emails using your Gmail address, and the address won’t be made available to anybody else in the future.
However, removing a Gmail account does not result in the deletion of the Google Account with which the email address is linked.
All other Google Account services, such as Google Drive, your calendar, Google Play, and others, will remain accessible. In the future, Gmail will prompt you to give an alternate email address to sign into your Google Account. You may clear your Google Chrome history as well.
What is the procedure for deleting a Gmail account?
1. Go to Google.com and sign into your Gmail account.
2. Select “Account” from the grid icon in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Select “Delete your account or services” from the “Account preferences” section.
4. Choose “Delete products” from the drop-down menu.
5. Type your password into the box.
6. OPTIONAL: Click “Download Data” to prevent any important data from being lost forever.
7. Next to “Gmail,” click the trash can icon.
8. Type in a different email address (cannot be another Gmail address).
Use an email address that you can access; you’ll need it to finish deleting your account.
9. Select “Send Verification Email” from the drop-down menu.
10. Go to your alternate email and open the Google email you should have received.
11. Click the message’s “delete” link.
12. Log into the Gmail account you want to delete if prompted.
13. Choose “Yes, I want to delete (example)@gmail.com” from the drop-down menu.
14. Select “Delete Gmail” from the drop-down menu. After that, click “Done.”
“If you use Gmail through your company, school, or other group, contact your administrator,” Google Account Help advises. Only the account administrator has the ability to delete the Gmail account.
After you submit your request, Google does not state how long it will take to actually delete your information. There’s a chance you’ll be able to regain your Gmail address and emails if you change your mind.
There are additional procedures to follow if you wish to delete your entire Google Account rather than just your email address.
What is the procedure for deleting a Google Account?
1. Complete the steps 1-3 above.
2. Select “Delete Google Account and Data” from the drop-down menu.
3. Type your password in the box.
4. OPTIONAL: Click “download your data” to prevent any important information from being lost forever.
5. Select “Delete Account” from the drop-down menu and check both boxes.
When you delete an entire Google Account, you lose access to your Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Google Photos accounts, as well as subscriptions paid on YouTube and Google Play with that account (such as apps, movies, games, music and TV shows).
If the destroyed Google Account is synchronized with a Google Chrome browser, the browser’s data, including bookmarks, will be erased as well. Hopefully, this does answer your query about “How do I delete my Gmail and Google accounts?”
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.