FirstMet.com (which was formerly AYI.com – Are You Interested?) is one of the largest online dating services, with more than 30 million installed users and over 3 million Facebook fans. What makes it unique is its well-rounded, completely integrated dating experience. FirstMet has a little bit of everything: a Facebook app, an iPhone app, an Android app, and a website. Each one makes it easy to meet singles by connecting them through mutual friends and interests, all for free.
Registering for the FirstMet website is a quick process, as you would expect from something so closely tied to the rapid worlds of social media and mobile apps. Users can opt to sign in by connecting directly with their Facebook accounts, or by registering with their email addresses. Input your gender, the gender you’re looking for, and your zip code, then the usual sign-up info like username and password.
New users are asked to choose at least three interests from a gallery of images so that FirstMet can start matching them based on common interests, and then the real fun begins. On FirstMet, matching is a quick and easy method. Members are shown a series of pictures and must choose whether to answer by clicking “Yes” or “Skip.” It’s as easy as that.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Other choices exist for users who want more control over the matching process. Members will perform more comprehensive searches based on the normal dating site categories under the “Quest” tab (age, ethnicity, marital status, education, income, etc). Users are introduced to one new member per day under the “Intros” tab, based on FirstMet’s matching algorithm.
As is typical of ‘free’ dating sites, free membership does not grant you access to all of FirstMet’s features. Members who are not paying can search the site and communicate with other members through instant messaging. Paid members have unlimited messaging, can see who has seen their profiles, and can search outside of their country.
The FirstMet experience on Facebook is almost identical. To use the app, go to the app tab, fill out your basic information, and then click “Meet My Matches.” You’ll find yourself in familiar territory once you’ve entered the app. The page is identical to the FirstMet website in appearance and functionality, with the addition of a section that displays any mutual friends you might have with your future matches. You can also filter by “Friends-of-Friends” or “One-by-One.” The Facebook app’s interface is once again clean, with a clear and seamless user experience.
The mobile app is where FirstMet really shines. The efficient matching system, minimalist profiles, and straightforward design are ideally suited to use on a smartphone. Users who sign into their accounts using the free iPhone or Android apps are immediately presented with FirstMet’s browsing system. A large photo fills most of the screen, with the “Yes” or “Skip” buttons below it.
The navigation system across the top of the screen in the FirstMet app is intuitive and easy to use. The first button, “Connections,” shows the same lists that can be found on the website and Facebook app (My Likes, Likes Me, Matches, etc). The second button leads to the FirstMet messaging system, and the third is a basic filtering system that can be used to narrow down your matches by location, age, and ethnicity. If you’re interested in more advanced features, you can also upgrade to a premium account from within the mobile app.
All in all, FirstMet is a solid choice if you’re looking for something basic. Singles searching for long-term love probably won’t find what they’re looking for in FirstMet’s service, but those interested in casual dating might enjoy the many options FirstMet provides and the easiness of using its various platforms. Each variation of the service functions well, but FirstMet’s quick and easy matching method works best in the mobile context.
Positives of FirstMet
These are the best parts of FirstMet.
- Registration is 100% free and, unlike many other free dating sites, there are no ads on FirstMet.com for premium members
- FirstMet is very easy to use. Even the technologically challenged will have no problems navigating its simple user interface
- Users who appreciate having options will enjoy that they can use FirstMet in several different contexts:website, Facebook, mobile apps
- 25 million Facebook-connected members
Negatives of FirstMet
These are the parts of FirstMet which needs improvement.
- Initial sign up is limited depending on which platform is used. Members can only choose male or female under the “Seeking” section on the website. On Facebook and the mobile apps, “Both” is also an option
- Profiles are limited. FirstMet covers a lot of information about what users enjoy doing, but doesn’t offer opportunities for users to introduce themselves in depth or discuss what they’re looking for in a partner
- Communication is limited without a paid subscription
- Online dating has continued to change and evolve, FirstMet has not. The service has not received a major update in a long while
Editors Bottom Line
What should you take away from this review of FirstMet? Our expert explains:
“FirstMet” is an easy to use dating service that can be accessed on many platforms including Facebook, smartphone apps, and via the website. While this service was once very popular, in recent years their membership has decreased. This may be in part because the service itself hasn’t received a major update in a long while.
We give FirstMet, a 3.75 out of 5 Stars! 😃
At a Glance
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom, International
- Member Numbers:
- Cost per Month:
- From $12.50 per month
- Membership Types:
- Free – Basic
FirstMet Free Membership
- Create a profile
- Basic information
- Ethnicity, religion, politics, marital status
- Education, career, income
- Smoking habits, diet, drinking, exercise
- Physical characteristics
- Areas of Interest, Music, Movies, Television, Books, Activites, Other Interests, Likes
- Add photos (up to 10 photos)
- Search and view profiles
- Ask an icebreaker question
- Receive daily intros
- Likes Me list
- Create a profile
- Not Included:
- Cannot access all lists
- Cannot see who viewed your profile
- No unlimited messaging
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
- Activity Partner
- Prices last confirmed January 24, 2020. Please check FirstMet for most recent pricing. All prices in USD unless specified otherwise. Prices may differ based on location, time of purchase, or access point (this can include device used and/or if accessed from a website or app)
- Pay by credit card, PayPal, or ACH/eCheck
- Register for a free membership or a paid premium membership
- Free membership includes:
- Upload pictures
- Browse and search members
- Daily intros
- Limited contact
- Limited lists
- Premium membership includes:
- Everything from the standard plan, plus:
- Unlimited messaging (including with non-premium members)
- Friends in Common
- Prioritized customer service
- See who has viewed your profile
- Costs in US dollars:
- $12.50/month for 6 months (billed $74.97)
- $16.66/month for 3 months (billed $49.99)
- $24.99/month for 1 month (billed $24.99)
- Try out the popular Facebook and mobile FirstMet App
FirstMet Viewing & Communication Features
- Private email
- Instant messaging
- Icebreaker question
- My Likes
- Likes Me
- Viewed Me
- Facebook app
- Can be linked to website
- Retains all the functionality of the website
- Mobile app
- For both iPhone and Android
- Search functionality is limited compared to the website and Facebook app
- The mobile app can be used to send and read private messages
Search For Members By
- Receive results from the site based on shared interests
- Narrow down search results by location, age, interests, height, body type, ethnicity
- Friends of Friends
- Advanced search (all aspects of profile)
- My Likes
- Likes Me
- Viewed Me
- Mobile app
- Limited search functionality compared to the website and Facebook app
- The “Browse” function remains the same, but the mobile app lacks more advanced search capabilities
- The ability to narrow down search results is also limited to age, location, and ethnicity
- Facebook app
- Contains the same search functionality as the website
Other FirstMet Information
FirstMet is owned and operated by The Dating Company, a leading provider of online dating services for websites and mobile platforms.
FirstMet was original called “AreYouInterested?” which was started in 2007 as a Facebook Application and owned by Snap Interactive. This quickly followed with a website found at AYI.com (and AreYouInterested.com) and a few years later dating apps released for Android and iPhone. On March 12, 2018, Snap Interactive, Inc. rebranded to PeerStream, Inc. Then on February 4th, 2019, Peer Stream sold all of their dating assets including FirstMet to The Dating Company, LLC.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.